Assistant Site Manager
Deliveroo HOP launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo's speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo HOP promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The Assistant Dark Store Manager role covers multiple tasks across the Deliveroo HOP site. You will manage the site in the absence of the site manager, ensuring a smooth running of the shift, including taking charge of dispatch, ensuring we deliver groceries inline with our Indicators and working with riders. An important part of this role surrounds your ability to step into any of the roles on site.
This role is initially fixed-term for 12 months and it is based in Milan. You will report to the Head of Operations for Deliveroo Hop.
What you'll do
- Drive Indicators and profitability.
- Conduct weekly warehouse audits to ensure safe trading.
- Conduct monthly Health and Safety audit for the site.
- Ensure the site standards are followed daily.
- Work with the Warehouse Manager to maintain and deliver high standards.
- Manage a team of 4 or more.
- Opening and closing responsibilities.
- Log maintenance calls and communicate with contractors.
- Manage ancillary stock and orders.
- Deal with customer queries,
- Resolve live issues.
- Great knowledge of food safety & health and safety compliance requirements
- First Aid training ideal (training provided)
- Experience with meeting targets and stock control.
- Hospitality background with 2 years of management experience
- Flexible working schedule to work over evenings and weekends
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer different great benefits in areas including health insurance, dental insurance and life insurance, family, finance (pension), community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander.