Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including growth in our Hop, Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building teams to help us launch new products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
At Deliveroo, customer experience is at the heart of our mission to build the definitive food company. Reporting into the Head of Service Policy and Compensation, the Policy Manager is responsible for developing and scaling our Consumer and Rider policies in a Global role based from our London office.
- Define and maintain consumer facing policies - from compensation to serious food safety
- Define and maintain rider policy including fee compensation and off-boarding policies
- Analyse, report and identify trends in compensation and refunds cost (e.g. refunds, credits, operational losses/defects)
- Project manage policy work streams, ensuring excellent stakeholder management and communication
What you’ll be doing
- Designing policies to meet company objectives and support new initiatives
- Reviewing policies to optimise for cost or customer experience, or to meet new regulations
- Working with commercial, legal and policy teams to ensure policies are compliant across all markets
- Partnering with Trust to identify, analyse and tackle new vectors of abusive and fraudulent behaviours
- Recommending partner specific policies to drive the right level of accountability and cost attribution
- Partnering with product and tech teams to develop the customer/rider experience
- Analysing data, identifying trends, creating hypothesis and escalating where appropriate
- Experience in fraud, compliance, operations, consulting or similar
- Able to communicate with and influence senior stakeholders
- Capable of building and maintaining strong effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders across organisational boundaries, markets and languages
- Data driven and detail oriented with excellent analytical skills, commercial acumen and understanding of how a marketplace model operates
- Experience working with large data sets/visualisation tools
- Able to identify risks, make appropriate decisions and take relevant timely actions
- Happy working in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changes quickly
- Proven experience in managing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously; able to prioritise effectively
- Is curious and intellectually honest - can articulate problems logically
- Experience with Looker and/or SQL is a strong plus
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.