Commercial Director BE
The Commercial Director is a key role in Deliveroo Belgium. You will report directly to the General Manager and will be an important member of the Belgium Executive Team.
You will lead Deliveroo’s commercial organisation, for which you will define the strategy and implement it across all tiers of Restaurants, from large international brands like McDonalds, BurgerKing and KFC to local gems, mid-sized accounts and local restaurants. You are also responsible for new business, like grocery and retail delivery.
We are looking for an experienced and strategic leader, who owns decision-making. Ultimately, you will maintain and expand our market leadership and solidifying our restaurant relationships.
You will lead a team of 30+ people, including four managers, which you can reorganise as you see it best fit to help them deliver growth for the business.
You will work in our Brussels office,
- Manage P&L for the restaurant segment of the Belgian market.
- Develop commercial strategies in cooperation with the multifunctional team locally and with the central teams in HQ and cascade it into an hyperlocal execution action plan.
- Achieve business growth following targets and market opportunity:
- Define goals, designing action plans for the broad commercial team and monitoring the performance of commercial activities
- Create commercial relationships and local commercial execution and account management across the whole spectrum of Restaurant Partners from national accounts (including with subsidiaries of the international groups) to SMB,
- Broker deals with large partners, negotiate terms for both new business contracts and existing contract extensions.
- Understand restaurant insights and needs by segments, defining and implementing commercial policies to profitably grow the business while improving partners’ satisfaction and retention.
- Lead a great commercial team, create a compelling vision.
- Foster collaboration throughout the organisation contributing to efficient ways of working between diverse teams (marketing, operations, finance, people, customer service locally and in a matrix environment) , understanding the benefit and importance of central / local collaboration. Collaborate with the global restaurant organisation on the partners with international footprint.
- COMMERCIAL EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience in Commercial Leadership and / or “General Management”.
- DELIVERY OF GOALS
- Experience exceeding targets and unlocking meaningful business growth.
- Best practice performance management to ensure goals are met.
- TEAM AND LEADERSHIP
- Experience leading, shaping and organising a large and ambitious team.
- PROBLEM SOLVING AND STRATEGIC THINKING
- You can identify commercial opportunities and make clear commercial choices that resolve trade offs between competing business and financial priorities.
- You have an approach to problems pointing to the right metrics and numbers to back up decision-making.
- Creativity to develop new solutions to existing and new problems and hands-on approach to bring them to life.
- You will pursue opportunities with urgency.
- You will excel in a not always clear environment, and can deal with high-pressure situations.
- You are fluent in French, Dutch and English.
Workplace, diversity & benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business, and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits including health insurance, family support, finance, community, growth, paid leave and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is love for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.