Insurance Manager (12 Month FTC)
About the team
We are looking for an Insurance Manager. You will report into and work closely with the Head of Ethics, Compliance and Insurance and Director of Corporate Insurance to support the day to day management of Deliveroo’s global insurance programme.
This role is a unique insurance opportunity to work in an exciting global business. In this role you will be based at our London HQ; we are happy to consider flexible working patterns.
What you'll be doing
- Manage the notification and handling of claims and/or potential claims across multiple classes with the support of others in the Legal team and business, and liaise with Deliveroo’s insurers, defence counsel, rider insurance consultants and brokers as appropriate.
- Maintain and update claims schedules so as to ensure that matters are proactively tracked and reviewed and any trends / wider risk management issues are identified and escalated.
Renewal and programme management
- Lead the collation, verification and provision of data for the purposes of the renewal of our insurance programmes.
- Assist with the preparation of market presentations and other materials, and liaise with a range of stakeholders so as to address any follow-up or supplementary questions from our brokers and/or insurers.
- Manage any mid-term changes and policy endorsements, and arrange cover for any new risks, projects, events and locations.
- Review and check all policy documentation, and maintain a comprehensive and complete insurance data and document archive.
- Communicate renewal outcomes to stakeholders and update internal documentation and guidance accordingly.
- Manage all invoicing and payments.
Stakeholder engagement and support
- Be a key insurance contact for the Legal team and business, and assist with insurance related queries arising from business initiatives, commercial contract reviews and partner negotiations, and new projects.
- Work with the business to ensure that our insurance arrangements are fit for our operational requirements and that insurance is embedded within incident response, business continuity and risk management policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain relationships with Deliveroo’s brokers, rider insurance consultants and insurers.
- Excellent academics (minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent).
- At least 4 years of experience in a law firm or insurance industry setting (prior litigation and claims experience is desirable).
- Comprehensive risk and insurance knowledge - with the ability to convert that into practical, supportive and solution led advice and to translate ‘insurance’ jargon into the commercial language of the business.
- An ability to effectively gather and analyse relevant data and information, identify any irregularities and challenge it where necessary, and present information in a clear, concise and logical manner.
- A curiosity and hunger for learning and an awareness of market developments and trends, maintained through a combination of technical training and industry conferences, webinars and seminars.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, wellbeing, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.