About the role
We are looking for a City Manager to join our Manchester team. You'll build relationships with our restaurant partners in your area, improving our proposition for customers and identifying ways to continue our fast growth. This is an excellent role for someone who enjoys building relationships and drawing insights from data to guide growth. You will report to the Regional Manager, based in Manchester with hybrid working.
- You will be the local expert for Greater London. This means knowing the restaurant industry inside and out, and being the face of Deliveroo in the area.
- Draw insights from data to improve our customer proposition neighbourhood by neighbourhood.
- Account management for top restaurant partners in the area, leading negotiations and optimising partner performance on the Deliveroo platform for growth.
- Work with the account manager for the local area to grow local hero brands.
- Lead the local business development managers and be the daily contact for coaching, priority setting and deal making.
- Map out the local sales strategy, identifying the most important value proposition gaps to close and areas to focus on.
- Maximise the potential of marketing opportunities in the area by encouraging restaurant participation.
What you'll be doing
You will understand and improve our customer offering in the area through acquiring/having local knowledge. This will involve improving our selection, optimising restaurant operations, and working on the area's strategy plan alongside a Regional Manager, operations and account management teams.
- Proven experience in sales & account management and a track record in business development and client management.
- Results and target oriented, with experience of operations management / consulting / business development / strategy work in a large business, or of growing a startup
- Comfortable using and understanding data on restaurant partners and city/area performance to identify areas for improvement, whilst being thoughtful about overall strategic choices.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, butWe offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, wellbeing, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that disabled people may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments , please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.