Staff Product Manager, Payments
Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximise the revenue of their existing business. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer care, finance, and others, to keep the operation running effectively.
Life as a product manager can mean working in any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, and restaurants. Day to day, you’ll tackle new, interesting business problems, and find innovative, creative ways to solve them. We’re seeking brilliant and motivated Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.
Financial Systems sits at the heart of Deliveroo and handles all aspects of the money movement ecosystem, from consumer payments, through money movement, to accounting, to payments out to riders and restaurants. We are a cross-discipline group of software engineers, data scientists, machine learning engineers, designers and product managers, working in close partnership with Finance, our country teams and others to build this critical strategic motor for our marketplace.
We are seeking a staff product manager to join this domain and play an integral role in achieving our company’s growth plans.
What you’ll be doing
- Setting product strategy for key aspects of the Payments roadmap and translating this into technical roadmaps
- Have accountability for executing on your roadmap to deliver measured value to the business; confidently and independently orchestrating a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, machine learning engineers & designers
- Be a thought-leader for Payments across Deliveroo.
- Independently manage internal stakeholder communication across all levels of the business to drive a consensus on approach across the business.
Here are some of the areas that you could be responsible for:
- Consumer Payments Experience
- Payment methods
- The tech that powers our integrations with Payment Service Providers and how we route payments
- Payouts to riders, restaurants and grocers
- Establishing ways to more efficiently pay vendors and receive payments from partners
- Have extensive, proven success as a user-focused Product Manager
- Highly analytical and can collaborate effectively with Data Scientists to define new measurement frameworks, make data-led decisions and navigate multi-sided trade-offs
- Highly detail-oriented and thrive in an environment where impact and velocity of execution are paramount
- Have a track-record for defining the strategy to tackle ambiguous problem spaces and for building teams from the ground-up to execute on your plans
- Excellent communication, storytelling and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to own projects, be data-driven and influence across all levels of an organisation
- Have experience working in a global, consumer business with geographically distributed teams
- Knowledge of and experience with developing and launching payment products (cards and non-cards). Understanding of payments methods across different geographic markets.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.