Category and Pricing Analyst
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food & groceries. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo Hop are building a network of stores across London, the UK and other markets including the UAE. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo Hop and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo Hop team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
You will work with our Deliveroo Hop Team leadership to own discrete workstreams related to category management, selection, merchandising and pricing, focused on building the foundations for our fastest-growing vertical. You will be tasked with developing analytical and operational work plans and building the fact base and substantiation for your strategies. Alongside this, you’ll support our ongoing range, pricing and menu (catalog) processes and help solve bugs and issues as and when they arise.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify opportunities to improve our selection and pricing performance, and build approaches to deliver these.
- Work with senior stakeholders to develop, track and analyse performance on strategic issues of importance.
- Drive analytics for key strategic projects working with cross functional teams from across Deliveroo.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to deliver insights to the executive team and senior management.
- Discover, analyse , and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis and research.
- Understand key drivers of the business and provide data driven guidance on key levers.
- Create new data visualisations to help the organisation understand the analytic results.
- Work with teams across the organisation to localise strategic initiatives and implement projects.
- Support the execution of our pricing and menu (catalog) processes.
- Strong problem solving abilities involving identifying the root cause of problems, assessing risks/impacts and determining and implementing effective solutions.
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to communicate complex findings to non-technical audiences in a clear, simple way, both written and verbally.
- Proficient in Excel and SQL, familiar with BI software (Tableau, Looker or similar).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business leaders.
- Hands-on mentality and are willing to get your hands dirty with a scrappy entrepreneurial approach to getting work done.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience in grocery, retail, e-commerce, strategy consulting, and/or other customer-obsessed businesses is a plus.
- Experience in working with FMCG vendors in the UAE is preferred.
- Fun, positive mindset and great at working collaboratively in a high performance, highly motivated team environment.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
- 25 days of Annual Leave
- Comprehensive Medical insurance
- Annual flight allowance
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- End of year parties and regular social events
- An extremely fun team to work with!
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.