UK & IRE Payroll Operations Manager
Payroll Manager UK & IRE
Deliveroo is looking for an experienced UK and IRE Payroll manager with experience managing both in-house and outsourced payrolls. You will report to the Group Payroll manager, and you will have great technical and management skills. The payroll team operates on a hybrid model and comes into the office twice a week.
The right candidate will exhibit strong stakeholder management and communication skills, will be able to manage and develop a team, be comfortable in an exceedingly changeable environment with a high degree of ambiguity, have exceptional quality focus and the ability to prioritise and manage competing projects.
What you'll do:
- Demonstrate knowledge of UK payroll processing and legislation
- Lead the UK and Irish payroll teams to ensure accurate and timely delivery of monthly, fortnightly and weekly payrolls.
- Be able to identify areas for improvement and implement them.
- Payroll SME for complex queries and point of escalation from the business
- Ensure reconciliation processes are followed and oversee approval.
- Oversee the testing of changes to ensure implementation is following approved payroll functional requirements, with no negative impact to individuals pay.
- Be the payroll SME on projects ensuring that project roll out is compliantly and designed for payroll
- Develop a close working relationship with senior partners in the Central People Team, People Operations and Finance Managers, to facilitate the management and prioritisation of all Payroll related projects and changes across all markets
- Guide process and control improvements across all responsibilities and document in these areas
- Responsible for the accurate payroll reporting of share scheme reporting (unapproved, EMIs, FSPs and RSUs during grant, vesting and exercise) and BIKs
- Partner Employment Tax to ensure latest changes in tax laws are considered and implemented
- Partner with Enterprise Tech to ensure our in-house payrolls remain compliant and operationally sound
- Build a collaborative working relationship with Senior Payroll Manager (Global)
- 4 years progressive experience in Payroll management;
- Detailed operational knowledge of payroll & experience of management
- An understanding of in- house and outsourced payrolls
- Experience with HCM Platform and In-house payroll models. Ideally Workday.
- Experience with operational risk and experience implementing controls to mitigate such risks;
- Sound judgmental skills to resolve challenges;
- That enhance Deliveroo values, reputation and commercial interests; and
- Experience in high-growth or tech start up environments.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing start-up's around.