The Restaurants Commercial Director France is an important role within Deliveroo’s second largest market globally
You will work in our Paris offices and report directly to the France General manager and will be a key member of the France executive team. You will oversee the largest commercial segment, define the strategy and execute it across all tiers of Restaurants, from quick service restaurants and national accounts, to local gems, mid-sized accounts and SMB restaurants.
You will directly manage the national and local accounts for the business managing their strategic development and driving Deliveroo’s continued growth in the restaurant space across the country. You will own the decision-making around which brands, segments and areas are scaled and when.
You will also be accountable for mid-market businesses and will set policy on how to negotiate on regional players, supporting the regional teams to ensure successful account development in the SMB space.
You will lead a team of ca. 80 employees, initially structured around 4 direct reports You will have the flexibility to reorganise the teams as you see it best fit to help them deliver growth across this part of the business.
- Manage P&L for the restaurant segment of the France market.
- Develop commercial strategies in cooperation with the multifunctional team locally and with the central teams in HQ and cascade it into an hyperlocal execution action plan.
- Achieve business growth following targets and market opportunity:
- Define goals, designing action plans for the broad commercial team and monitoring the performance of commercial activities
- Create commercial relationships and local commercial execution and account management across the whole spectrum of Restaurant Partners from national accounts (including with subsidiaries of the international groups) to SMB,
- Broker deals with large partners, negotiate terms for both new business contracts and existing contract extensions.
- Understand restaurant insights and needs by segments, defining and implementing commercial policies to profitably grow the business while improving partners’ satisfaction and retention.
- Lead a great commercial team, create a compelling vision.
- Foster collaboration throughout the organisation contributing to efficient ways of working between diverse teams (marketing, operations, finance, people, customer service locally and in a matrix environment) , understanding the benefit and importance of central / local collaboration. Collaborate with the global restaurant organisation on the partners with international footprint.
- Build Deliveroo’s image and reputation as an established and valued leader of the French F&B industry
- COMMERCIAL Experience :
- You have 10+ years of commercial background with broad experience in business development and “general” management .
- Experience exceeding targets and unlocking meaningful business growth in a business already at scale.
- Best practice performance management framework and routines to ensure goals are met.
- Stellar people management skills with a history of growing talent across both their team and wider function
- Experience leading teams in consumer-facing, technology led or FMCG/Durable Goods/Retail companies.
- PROBLEM SOLVING AND STRATEGIC THINKING
- You can identify commercial opportunities and issues in complex situations and translate through to clear commercial choices that resolve trade offs between competing business and financials priorities
- You have an approach to problems pointing to right metrics and numbers to back up decision-making. Quick to understand dissect complex problems and often unclear and evolving opportunities
- You have financial experience and P&L management and an ability to guide unit economics, manage budgets.
- COMMUNICATION, INFLUENCE AND COLLABORATION
- You have a structured and engaging communication and can work with partners across and beyond the organisation.
- You are a trusted advisor to senior partners and teams around the business and with senior external stakeholders
- You are team-oriented, a team player who collaborates cross-functionally and will sponsor or lead France plans that create an engaged, diverse and successful organisation
- MINDSET :
- You will pursue opportunities with urgency.
- You will excel in a not always clear environment, and can deal with high-pressure situations.
- OTHER :
- Strong knowledge of marketplace businesses/experience in a growing business environment is a plus
- Fluency in both French and English is required.
Workplace & Diversity & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business, and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits including health insurance, family support, finance, community, growth, paid leave and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is love for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.