Senior Analytics Engineer - Looker
We're building the definitive online food company, transforming the way the world eats by making hyper-local food more convenient and accessible. We obsess about building the future of food, whilst using our network as a force for good. We're at the forefront of a industry, powered by our market-leading technology and unrivalled network to bring incredible convenience and selection to our customers.
Working at Deliveroo is the perfect environment to build a definitive career, motivated by impact. Firstly, the impact that working here will have on your development, allowing you to grow faster than you might elsewhere; secondly, the impact that you can have on Deliveroo, leaving your mark as we scale; and finally, being part of something bigger, through the impact that we make together in our marketplace and communities.
Working as part of our Analytics Engineering team and reporting to one of our Analytics Engineering Managers, your role will be to provide clean, tested, well-documented and well-modelled data sets, that will enable and empower data scientists and business users alike, via tools like Snowflake and Looker.
You'll also spend time building dashboards in Looker, building explores and using LookML to create custom experiences for over ~1600 Looker users.
Some other responsibilities are:
- Work with product engineering teams to ensure modelling of source data meets downstream requirements.
- Maintain and develop SQL data transformation scripts, and advise and review data scientists on data modelling to achieve denormalised and aggregated output datasets.
- Work with data scientists and other analytics engineers to surface clean, intuitive datasets in our BI tool, Looker.
- Managing Looker Administrative tasks such as SysAdmin, access management and security.
- Minimum 7+ years experience within the field of Data Engineering, BI Engineering or Analytics Engineering
- Excellent SQL skills - you must be comfortable with CTEs, temp tables, window functions, joins, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of the BI tool, Looker - including experience with LookML and administrative tasks.
- Strong understanding of data modelling concepts and structuring new data tables
- Knowledge of cloud-based MPP data warehousing (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift)
Nice to have
- SQL ETL/ELT knowledge, experience with DAGs to manage script dependencies
- Python coding skills, particularly in automation & integrations
- Knowledge of the Looker API
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.