Customer Care Team Manager
Why should you join us?
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building teams to help us launch new products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
- Ensure that our customers (consumers, restaurants and riders) and the team are supported at all times.
- Drive employee engagement and satisfaction through monthly/fortnightly catch-ups with teammates in addition to side-by-side coaching.
- Analyse individual performances and drive improvements through constant coaching and development of Level E/1 and Level 2 teammates.
- Work with our QA team to use their insight to drive constant service improvement.
- Act as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the customer care team.
- Identify improvement opportunities for customer experience, especially for escalation events and be proactive to raise them for management attention.
- Engage with the People Business Partners driving together the HR agenda for the Care team.
- Assist your managers to cascade and implement need-to-know communications, knowledgebase articles and refreshed macros.
- Assist your managers with creating the schedule for the wider team.
- Assist the team with real-time management of contacts flowing into the care centre.
- Support in various projects or initiatives assigned by the managers
- Improve the overall care experience by creating engaged teammates and customers, thereby helping Deliveroo facilitate organic growth.
Skills you’ll need & eligibility…
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience as a manager or a senior customer care representative
- Experience in managing a mid-size team (no fewer than 10 people)
- Shift scheduling or roster planning experience is highly preferred
- Strong strategic thinking and decision making skills with a good knowledge of customer relations
- Proven ability to work in a very dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial organisation
- Growth mindset with a positive attitude to all levels of stakeholders
- Be open to change and always ready to challenge the status quo
- Adaptable to day-to-day change in relation to tasks assigned
- Proficient in office/Google suite skills
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Project Management experience is an advantage
- Proficiency in English and Chinese is a must
- 15 days annual leave plus birthday leave, maternity leave, examination leave
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is an experience with (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space. #LI-KI1