Our restaurant technology products and commercial services provide our portfolio of +100,000 restaurant and grocery partners globally a path to long term growth: a key part of our mission to become the definitive food company.
You will be joining the localisation team as a Localisation Manager to contribute to the growth of our consumer, partners and/or rider products. Localisation plays a vital part at Deliveroo: we are responsible for making our product application relevant to our users in our non-English speaking markets. If you love languages and food, then this job is for you!
Localisation is part of the Experience team, working alongside our Product Designers, Content Designers and Researchers to localise our products into 8 languages.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the entire life-cycle of multiple product localisation projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate all the project phases and efficiently predict the lifespan of all the stages of the project.
- Working with Product and Content teams to localise the app in a scalable manner.
- Work with the Product Design and Content team to iterate guidelines and best practices for designing multi-language user experiences.
- QA and monitoring of localisation quality.
- Identify technical/tooling updates required to localise content successfully.
- Support with internationalisation best practices and support engineers with implementation and enablement.
- Develop, manage and maintain relationships with the Experience team, and guide them through localisation and local market cultural challenges.
- Develop, manage and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders across the business, in particular Product Management and Engineering.
- Educate key stakeholders and the overall business on the importance of localisation, key challenges and ways to collaborate.
- Communicate with localisation specialists, language leads and local teams to ensure effective cross-team collaboration.
- Support with the improvement of existing localisation processes and workflows to reduce effort and friction for stakeholders.
- Play an active role, together with the other Localisation Managers in the team, in building and growing the localisation discipline and impact.
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team to localise outstanding experiences across a variety of platforms, apps and products.
- Experience working within product in a Tech environment would be highly valued.
- Understanding of the challenges involved in software localisation and stakeholder management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An excellent understanding of localisation and cultural differences.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Experience with TMS and CAT tools (e.g. Memsource, Phrase, Smartling…).
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.