Senior Fraud Analyst
At Deliveroo, we are customer-obsessed. Providing a great customer experience every time is a key part of Deliveroo’s mission to become the definitive food company. We cover ten markets across Europe, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific. The Trust team is responsible for ensuring fraud protection for Deliveroo, our consumers, riders and restaurant partners and we’re looking for a Senior Fraud Analyst to join the London-based team.
The Senior Fraud Analyst will take the lead on customer and partner related projects and help mitigate fraud and abuse globally for Deliveroo. You will project manage initiatives by developing prevention strategies and driving key performance metrics relating to payment fraud, abusive refunds & account takeover rates while minimising impact on genuine customers. You will partner with Product, Engineering, Data Science, Customer Care, Compliance & outsource teams to detect & prevent both fraud and abuse globally.
You will be hybrid, with some expectations to work in our office in Cannon Street. You will report into the Fraud Operations Manager.
What you’ll do
- Own daily customer fraud & abuse related processes, escalations and prevention strategies
- Lead quarterly initiatives to reduce the impact of fraud and abuse within the business
- Review suspicious, high-risk activities/customer profiles and alerts to decide further steps/action through fraud management tools
- Provide subject matter expertise on investigations/escalations to the tech, operations & leadership teams
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business requirements and deliver strategic fraud prevention measures
- Building dashboards/ reporting lines on fraud & abuse, making strategic recommendations to the business and contributing to future product enhancements
- Supporting the Fraud Operations Manager to maintain and improve internal policies, procedures and documentation
- At least 4+ years of experience in a fraud or abuse prevention role at the merchant level
- Direct experience maximising machine learning and rule-based fraud prevention tooling (such as Ravelin/Sift/Signifyd etc)
- Experience driving fraud protection process changes, working with a wider range of stakeholders and measuring the success of fraud prevention related changes
- Experience in data analysis and interpreting fraudulent data through analytical tools (such as Looker)
- Experience clearly presenting ideas, theories, and documented proposals to leadership and operations teams concerning fraud prevention
- Ability to notice discrepancies within large datasets
- Experience creating strong relationships with external stakeholders, operations, and outsource partners
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.'