French Localisation Specialist
French Localisation Specialist
About the team
The Deliveroo Care team, based in London, centrally manages our global Customer Care and Partner Operations for consumers, riders and restaurants. With a company as big as Deliveroo, we have a number of contact centres based around the globe to support all our markets and multiple languages.
About the role
This role reports directly to the Senior Global Learning and Development Manager, serving as a pivotal and essential role in enabling us to deliver high quality training, knowledge base articles, communication and more to our French teams.
What you'll be doing
- Localise a variety of content, including but not limited to training materials, announcements, and knowledge articles to support our French teams
- Thoroughly reviewing and revising translated texts to ensure grammatical correctness, improving readability and making necessary adjustments to achieve the highest level of quality in the final translations
- Adapting translations to the cultural nuances, idiomatic expressions, and conventions of the target language. It involves understanding the cultural context of the target audience and making appropriate adjustments to ensure the translated content resonates effectively
- Building and managing glossaries and terminology databases to ensure consistency and coherence across translations
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, such as project managers, subject matter experts, and content creators, to ensure consistent and efficient translation outcomes. Communicating effectively to clarify translation requirements, address queries, and deliver projects within deadlines
- Staying updated with language advancements, translation tools, industry trends, and cultural developments
- Proficiency in live translation during meetings/trainings
- Occasional travel may be required to provide on-site support for French-speaking locations
- Fluent in both English and French. You are able to exhibit your linguistic expertise in both languages
- Proven experience in translating and localising content with accuracy. Your translations will help us effectively communicate with our French-speaking team!
- Cultural adaptability to ensure translations align with the preferences and nuances of our French-speaking teams. Your attention to detail will make a difference!
- Strong time management and multitasking skills to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Your ability to navigate multiple projects simultaneously will be invaluable!
- Dedicated to collaborative working, ready to take on projects within a team and support the delivery of learning and change
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.