We are looking for a Grocery Director to join the team to expand and develop Deliveroo HOP (Deliveroo Grocery Darkstores) and On Demand Grocery (grocery partners). Sitting on the Hong Kong Leadership team, this is a unique opportunity to own the strategy and execution of two of our key growth businesses units. This role is commercially focused, however you will work cross-functionally with teams including Operations, Marketing and Product to ensure success. You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to build cross-functional relationships with key senior stakeholders and teams in Hong Kong and London.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Own and manage the P&L to ensure we hit revenue and profit targets. Achieve financial and growth targets with an understanding of how to trade off commercial, marketing and operational levers
- Develop and execute the strategic vision for Grocery in Hong Kong and taking lessons of success in other Deliveroo markets where relevant
- Grow the grocery business through expanding to new sites and partners, as well as working with marketing to grow our customer base
- Own the relationship and operating rhythm with key strategic accounts: managing the accounts to deliver growth, optimise investment and develop preferred partnerships
- Own the quarterly planning process engaging local and global teams where required
- Work closely with the Key Accounts and Marketing & Merchandising functions to develop a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business and how to optimise for growth
- Liaise with our Operations and Marketing teams to drive efficiencies, improve customer outcomes and accelerate revenue growth
- Work closely with the Commercial leadership team to drive overarching Commercial team outcomes and contribute to big picture strategic vision
- Build, coach and develop two high performing teams
What we're looking for:
You'll have a strategic mindset, analytical skills and executive-level stakeholder management experience with a track record of exceeding financial targets as well as:
- Background of 10+ years working in start-up environment / commercial focused roles with P&L responsibility. Previous professional services or e-commerce / grocery experience is a plus
- A history of successfully growing performance in a world where trade-offs are required to deliver results
- Deep understanding of P&L statements and an ability to trade-off between line items.
- Commercial & Marketing Acumen: you'll be able to rapidly understand how our business operates, makes money and sustains profitable growth
- Executional Excellence: you’ve achieved clear customer, commercial and financial results with a strong resilient entrepreneurial spirit - you are willing to get involved at all levels of the business!
- Customer Obsessed: understand and connect with our customers. Believe in our ability to create services and products which address this and have the customers best interest at heart
- Tactical & Strategic: able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics, interdependencies and implications of decisions.
- Comfortable with Ambiguity & Autonomy: you'll be happy to be pointed at problems and work out how to solve them. You don't require micro-management to be successful - you have a can do / will do attitude
- Stakeholder Management: engaging, informing, and gaining the support of various stakeholders. Taking time to collaborate and build relationships; earning the respect and trust of others within the organisation through strong emotional intelligence
- Resourceful: constantly look for creative ways to make the most of the resources we have. Throw tenacity, brainpower, teamwork and collaboration at problems, not money and extra heads.
- Upbeat, growth mindset & high energy: you bring freshness, energy and passion into the team. Help create a working environment that is unique, spawns new ideas and is enjoyable for the other people involved
- Experience in grocery store operations is a plus
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.