Head of Restaurant Pricing, Promotions and Benefits
The role of the Restaurant Strategy team is to set the vision for the restaurant side of the Deliveroo marketplace and position Deliveroo as the strategic partner of choice for our restaurant partners. You will be responsible for building and leading our pricing and incentive strategy for Restaurants globally and will report to the Head of Restaurant Strategy. Your remit will be wide ranging, from devising our global restaurant pricing strategy and framework working closely with local markets to working with cross-functional teams on delivering pricing and incentive programs. We are a small team with large impact, looking to define the B2B pricing approach to drive Deliveroo’s long term growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop the restaurant pricing framework and approach for existing products and new service lines & products including
- Working with Restaurant insights to drive qualitative and quantitative research into how restaurants value our different service lines and solutions
- Working with Data Sciences and FInance to build out models to measure the financial impacts of different pricing approaches, across areas Deliveroo operates within
- Working with commercial, product, and decision sciences to build a framework to test various pricing / bundling approaches to validate and iterate our thinking holistically across all the pricing levers we have
- Develop go-to-market plans for all pricing related features/ pricing changes
- Work closely with the local markets to craft B2B rate cards and promotional tactics adapted to their competitive landscapes and strategic objectives
- Consult as in-company expert on custom / bespoke pricing for Enterprise partners and other commercial deals
- Own our overall benefits & incentive programs to enhance our value proposition to restaurants globally
- Work with Product Management to input to technical roadmap definition and prioritisation
- At least 5 years building and managing pricing capabilities in high velocity B2B marketplaces operating at scale and experience working with Data Science and Product teams
- Can build “stuff” - Solid track record of identifying, scoping and delivering customer centric pricing solutions with a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving. Knows what great looks like and builds to scale so that solutions will be relevant for a multiple of the current size of the business
- Autonomy with a strong analytical approach — exceptional ability to join quantitative and qualitative data, utilise A/B testing to evaluate outcomes, and weave together different approaches to mitigate revenue risks
- Strong written and oral communication skills, exhibited experience in influencing stakeholders to adopt new tools and processes
- Experience working in a matrix environment, developing central programs and aligning local commercial teams on delivery
- A deeply curious and avid growth mindset, constantly looking for ways to improve and creatively solve problems - both the big strategic things, as well as the smaller quick wins
- 10+ years B2B experience, ideally strategy consulting and/or in marketplaces
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excel at solving unstructured problems
- Able to lead cross-functional teams without authority
- Evidence of strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry or in any customer-obsessed marketplaces is a plus
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.