PostgreSQL Database Administrator
Our ambition is to be the definitive food company, feeding people three times a day with great food from the World's best-loved restaurants, all with an unparalleled level of convenience. From distributed computing to large-scale system design, complex algorithms to beautiful user interfaces, we have teams working on every step of the journey to ensure we continue to offer our customers a growing selection of choice at the best price with a fantastic level of service. We work with thousands of restaurants worldwide, from renowned local gems to your favourite chains, allowing them to open up a new revenue stream and reach new customers. Our restaurant partners, riders and customers are as passionate about food as we are, and if you want to make an impact on millions of users by solving some of the biggest technical challenges at great scale, come on board and join the ride.
At Deliveroo we're striving to build one of the world's best engineering organisations. We're dedicated to building a collaborative culture. We're growing quickly and we need experienced engineers to help us scale. We're looking for a Database Reliability Engineer who can major impact on the way we build, operate and manage our data stores. You will report to one of our Engineering Managers within the Production Platforms teams.
- Work on database reliability and performance aspects and shipping solutions for the platform.
- Work with teams to roll out changes to our production environment and help reduce database-related production incidents.
- On-call support on rotation with the team.
- Demonstrate 5+ years of experience in PostgreSQL and analyse solutions and implement best practices for our main PostgreSQL database cluster and its components.
- Work on observability of relevant database metrics and make sure we reach our database goals.
- Provide database expertise to engineering teams (for example through reviews of database migrations, queries and performance optimizations).
- Work on automation of database infrastructure and help engineering succeed by providing self-service tools.
- Support and debug database production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Make monitoring alert on symptoms and SLOs, and not on outages.
- Document every action so your insights turn into repeatable actions and then into automation.
- Experience implementing and managing highly performant and highly available PostgreSQL databases
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems and networking.
- Experience writing high-quality code in Python, Go, or equivalent languages.
- Knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS preferable).
- Infrastructure as code skills, ideally with Terraform.
- Experience in coaching and team-building
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.