Partner Operations Manager
Partner Operations Manager
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. To do that, we're building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic and most mature market. Departments include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I work with global departments such as product, technology and consumer. The Partner Operations team sits within the UKI Operations department and is focused on improving the experience of our customers when they place an order from our largest and highest volume restaurant and grocery partners.
As a Partner Operations Manager, you will improve the delivery operations associated with our highest volume partners. You will resolve issues across multiple team members and test solutions to address them. You will also work with the commercial team to equip them with the necessary toolset to improve site performance while aligning the aims of Partner Operations with other departments in the business. You will also collaborate with the Product team to ensure the voice of the partner is considered in the development of new features and lead their rollout with internal and external partners. Furthermore, where relevant, you will expand existing and roll out new partners, while ensuring high operational performance for new site launches.
You will deliver clear messages to all partners and provide logical updates.
Additionally, as an L5, you'll need to show an understanding of how Deliveroo and its partners work together. You will improve current ways of working and identify areas for improvement, propose solutions, and build them in a considered manner while managing partner communications. You will manage projects, and represent your team in discussions with senior team members. You will develop relationships when aligning our goals with our partners, including rigorous operational proposals.
This is a hybrid role based in London and you will report to the Head of Operations.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
Deliverable 1: Improve delivery operations associated with our highest volume partners
- Independently resolve and report on areas of concern for partner operations, testing solutions to address them and quickly determining how to grow them
- Seek out opportunities to move the needle on partner operational performance and implement
- Align the aims of Partner Operations with those of other departments within the business on areas such as target and Goal setting
- Ensure the team shares best practices within segments
- Attend partner Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews to provide operational updates and understand important commercial priorities for partners
Deliverable 2: Work with the Product team to promote the voice of the partner in the development of new features, and lead the rollout and implementation of new features with team members and external partners
- Collaborate with the Product team to ensure the voice of the partner is considered in the development of new features
- Guide the rollout and implementation of new features with internal and external partners
Deliverable 3: Important to the expansion and/or rollout plans of partners, to ensure solid operational performance for new site launches
- Where relevant, expand existing and roll out new partners while ensuring high operational performance for new site launches
- Build relationships with partners to align priorities that are commercially and operationally beneficial
Deliverable 4: Deliver impactful projects
- Manage projects (e.g. Back to Basics programme, Pay for performance design and implementation)
- Use data to provide compelling business cases
- Represent the team and departments in discussions with senior team members
- Develop good working relationships with important partners, influence, and attain the requisite support
- Rally others behind an idea and get team members (both internal and external) to support your ideas
- Identify the relevant information required to make a decision and present that information
- Infectiously curious and happy to question the status quo
- Manage projects and teams in a structured and logical way to ensure you're always delivering the right work at the right time.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an exciting space.