Retail - Account Associate (Internship)
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
This is an Internship, lasting between 3 and 6 months.
As a Retail - Account Associate Intern, you will report to the Head of On Demand Grocery.
Your main tasks:
- You will be responsible for the success of ODG (On Demand Groceries), to ensure a magical experience for our users, while building a solid and sustainable foundation for our application.
- You will be responsible for the commercial success of your portfolio of ODG (On Demand Convenience) partners, to ensure the best experience for our Deliveroo users. Your objective will be to create a privileged, long-lasting partnership by bringing your Food Tech expertise to bear.
- Your main tasks will be to manage and optimize the operations of a portfolio of partner stores, and to ensure that targets are met. ( Operational and commercial )
- You will be in charge of the deployment and expansion of your portfolio, as well as the various marketing campaigns.
- Daily data analysis of brand performance and our Deliveroo operations to identify the causes of problems and constantly improve service levels.
- Process optimization and management: Deliveroo is a fast-moving, large-scale company. You'll have the opportunity to create and improve processes, such as managing partnerships to help drive growth. You will develop best practice documents for specific accounts and for the portfolio as a whole.
- ODG Store Relations: You will manage partnership development, data tracking, and ensure an optimal experience on the app to make Deliveroo the home delivery service in your cities.
- You will monitor compliance with contractual commitments made with ODG partners.
Your experience and qualities:
- Experience - Graduate role, 1 to 2 years' experience in an account management or sales role. Field experience with a major supermarket chain would be a real plus.
- Commercial: You know how to negotiate, anticipate sales discussions, and take action to maintain a quality portfolio (contractual discussions, negotiations to set up sales tools, etc.).
- Analytical - able to synthesize, analyse and understand data to improve performance for our store partners
- Proactive in your dealings with contacts. You love being out in the field, and you're involved in everything that's operational in your area.
- Customer-centric - obsessed with our customers. Use quantitative and qualitative data to build a service that is operationally excellent for our customers.
- Adaptability - be enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable with the ability to remove barriers and bottlenecks through facilitation, creativity and ingenuity. Know when you have enough insight to make a call and apply the 80/20 rule daily.
- Team player- a collaborative team player who is able to get the best out of the people around you. Able to work effectively at all levels of Deliveroo and succeed with and through others.
- Optimistic, confident and energetic - you bring freshness, energy and passion to the team. You help to create a unique working environment, conducive to new ideas and enjoyable for the other people involved.
- Dutch or French Language skills