Senior HR Business Partner, APAC
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
We’re searching for an experienced People Leader who is passionate about all things ‘People’ and who can manage and lead our people teams across APAC.
You will be a considered leader who can help create a dynamic, inclusive, fun culture but ensure we’re compliant as we grow things quickly. Your advisory skills will be exceptional - you will inspire managers and the senior leadership to motivate their teams to build awesome things.
You’ll be an integral part of the leadership team you support, and will partner closely with both local and global specialist teams to design and execute your people strategy.
You will be expected to support the roll out of global and cyclical programmes but ensure they are suitable/adapted for the local team, as needed.
Finally, you will be coaching leaders through an exciting time of growth for Deliveroo, hence your ability to establish your personal and functional credibility and to build strong working relationships acting as a trusted advisor will be key.
Please note candidates for this role, you are required to be fluent in both Cantonese & English, proficiency in Mandarin is also highly advantageous.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reporting with a solid line to our Global VP of HR in the UK and a dotted line to the GM HK and the GM Singapore, you’ll lead the facilitation and management of all people programs rollout within your market (performance/compensation reviews, succession planning, employee engagement surveys etc)
- Partner with senior leaders on how to develop and implement the right people and organisational solutions to execute against the country strategy
- Provide guidance on workforce planning, including on headcount planning and budgeting in close collaboration with the recruitment team..
- Consult with leaders on org design, ensuring that we design org structures that drive the intended business outcomes.
- Ability to take a long term perspective, advise on organisational challenges, and offer solutions and drive implementation
- Collaborate with the Global People Operations Leads on strategic Global initiatives
- Prepare presentations and data/insights analysis working with other People Team members and subject matter experts as required
- Develop and deliver learning programs for our people in collaboration with our Global L&D team. You’ll equip managers with the tools and knowledge to conduct performance reviews, provide effective feedback and help them develop their coaching skills.
- Manage a team of HR & facilities professionals across Hong Kong and Singapore
- Keep abreast of market trends as they relate to compensation and benefits
- Be a strong culture add!
- Serve as a trusted advisor and coach to senior management
- Lead the facilitation and management of all people programs rollout within your market (performance reviews, engagement surveys etc)
- Take a broad / long term perspective and proactively identify complex organizational challenges and think systemically. Identify and offer multiple creative solutions and drive implementation
- Prepare presentations and data/insights analysis working with other HRBPs and subject matter experts as required
- Develop and deliver learning programs for our people. You’ll equip managers with the tools and knowledge to conduct performance reviews, provide effective feedback and help them develop their coaching skills.
- Handle sensitive people issues without guidance; presents strong recommendation for input when guidance is needed, and is familiar with local labour laws
- Develop processes to improve collaboration with other counterparts (e.g. legal, finance, internal global people teams) to ensure best outcomes.
Skill and qualifications you’ll need ...
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 10 years of working experience, a minimum of 6 years of experience in HR business partnering
- Fluent in Cantonese and English
- Experience should include a focus on performance management and talent/team development, organizational design and change management, leadership coaching, people driven programs and data and insights analysis/presentations
- Must have demonstrated effective multitasking and project management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills and be able to build relationships at all levels of the organization. You will be partnering with a complex set of stakeholders to drive organizational change
- Able to use Sheets to develop compelling analyses and can tell a story from insights in a clear Slides presentation.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in fast pace and challenging environments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and business acumen
- Keen to continue learning and developing their skills, having a growth mindset
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.