Senior Product Designer
About The Role
The Content, Research and Design team defines how our customers, riders, restaurants and employees interact with Deliveroo's products. Based in London, our team has a global impact, with our work reaching customers in Singapore, riders in Belgium and restaurant kitchens in Paris.
As a Product Designer at Deliveroo, you will be accountable for every feature you design - from the very first sketch through to implementation, you'll guide all stages of the design process. This is a hybrid role. You will report into the Senior Design Manager. You can expect to:
- Define high-level design patterns, UI kits, guidelines, and custom tooling together with the Design team.
- Balance product needs and technical feasibility to build a scalable, usable system.
- Communicate and ensure that everyone is equipped to adopt design systems as they grow and evolve.
- Communicate changes and gather feedback to adjust the system, and unblocking designers as they run into issues.
- Promote excellence & Champion consistency, a high degree of UI craft, and the inclusion of illustration and animation in our products.
- Facilitate regular meetings for planning and critique of design work.
- Collaborate with other teams and designers to develop product features across web and mobile platforms
- Shape product strategy and vision together with product managers.
- Drive and support cross-team initiatives that make the Content, Research & Design practice at Deliveroo better - such as improving our hiring process, expanding our community presence, interviewing potential new team members, and much more
- Work in the way that works for you and what you're designing, whether that's spending time sketching or jumping straight into pixels and code
- You enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem.
- You have a well trained eye for great visual design execution. You care about getting things right - one pixel off is a big deal.
- Take a strategic view to everything you do - your work stands the test of time
- Are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions - you're able to get people along on the journey with you.
- Are well versed at working with disciplines in your work to achieve the best outcome, such as user research, content and engineering.
- Have several years' experience in an individual contributor role on a product design team
- You don't need to have a degree to apply. What matters is you and the work you do.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but. We offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, wellbeing, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that disabled people may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments , please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.