Workforce Planning Manager
Workforce Planning Manager
Hybrid role - (London HQ)
Unfortunately we are unable to support with Visa sponsorship at this time.
The central Customer Care management team is expanding rapidly and the Global Workforce Management & Planning team needs to mirror this growth in order to provide outstanding support to our Customer Care teams. We currently cover ten markets across Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia
Key to this expansion is an immediate need for a Workforce Planning Manager to support the team with the production of short, medium, and long term contact and staffing forecasts within all markets. Reporting to the Global Head of Workforce Management & Planning, the Workforce Planning Analyst will ensure strategic goals of delivering excellent customer service at optimal cost are achieved through accurate forecast modelling, collaborative planning, and effective communication.
While some workforce management processes are well developed, in conjunction with our outsource partners, planning activities in other markets are still being developed. We now need to move at speed to optimise workforce requirements across all teams in order to maximise performance whilst keeping waste to a minimum.
We need somebody who can hit the ground running; a self-starter who is comfortable in creating and implementing procedures from scratch, and who would revel in the opportunity to make a significant mark on the business.
- Create monthly, weekly, daily, and 15 minute interval forecasts of contact volumes and staffing requirements across multiple channels, markets, and lines of business based on historical trends, special events, and business growth objectives
- Support Workforce Management related projects with our outsource partners
- Establish a contact and staffing forecast for all markets and clearly communicate the forecasted workload, changes, assumptions, inputs, etc to the outsource partner and key stakeholders
- Data analysis, trending analysis, and preparation of hourly, daily, and monthly contact centre performance reports
- Manage the process to raise Purchase Orders relating to support from our partners before tracking approvals and final invoice amounts
- Support the team with the provision of regular workforce-related reporting and data gathering
- Collate all Care-related change management information that may impact workforce planning
- Work with our Marketing, Restaurant and Rider Operations teams to account for changes that will impact Customer Care contact volumes
- Identify methods for improving forecast accuracy through analysis of contact and resource data
Analytical: You will spend the majority of your time working in Excel / Google Sheets to create forecasts and reports. Manipulating inputs and running “what if” scenarios, you will identify ways to increase forecast accuracy and maximise staffing resources to achieve SLAs while meeting budget requirements.
Impact driven: You’ll work on high-impact global projects. These will include the delivery of workforce planning processes and a WFM system across all markets, and may also include supporting the modelling of costs and benefits of various solutions to improve customer care performance and the wider performance of Deliveroo.
Organisational skills: There will be a large number of activities that the team needs to work on as we evolve and you will support the team with coordination of these activities. You will need to have strong organisational skills to ensure that all regular team commitments are completed to agreed timescales.
Decisive & influential: You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable with making quick yet calculated decisions, even in times of ambiguity. You also need to make recommendations for changes, which could be game-changing and communicate them across the Global Care team clearly.
- 2+ years of workforce management experience in a contact centre environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven experience analysing, interpreting, and summarising complex data
- Proven experience of producing accurate intraday / interval workload forecasting models using statistical techniques
- Highly numerate, with significant experience of using Excel or Google Sheets for data collation and analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in workforce management technology, forecasting, and scheduling methodologies in a customer care environment
- Proven track record of creating strong relationships with customer care operations and support teams, finance managers and business intelligence analysts
- Communication skills that clearly present ideas, theories, and technical information to operations and managerial staff
- Must be proactive and able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is essential
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it.We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many benefits in areas including family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a experience with (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space. #CMR