Senior Account Manager (Contract)
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
About the role…
We’re looking for an account manager to own and drive growth for strategic accounts in Deliveroo, with a dual focus on both the Restaurant and Retail category (50-50). You will have a consultative approach towards partnership management, leveraging on data analysis to identify growth opportunities and curate bespoke partnership terms. There’s great potential to be part of the founding team for a new category on Deliveroo, with opportunity to develop new and/or refine partnership growth toolkits and best practices to scale partnerships growth. You’ll collaborate with global and local cross-functional teams including marketing, operations and leadership stakeholders to drive commercial initiatives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing high value Enterprise (multiple outlets) accounts and meet with their stakeholders
- Building strong long-term relationships with clients
- Creating the presentation briefs, deep diving into the client’s business, presenting data analysis of how their performance has been for the last 3-6 months and drawing key insights/takeaways for the client to implement
- Identifying opportunities for client growth and business optimisation, and working with clients to drive their implementation
- Working with global teams to draw on best practices and learning from other markets to implement for local clients
- Collaborating with various internal departments to help resolve client operational issue and develop robust client business plans
- Facilitating and managing projects between internal departments and the Account Management team
- Managing the marketing coordination for clients, encouraging them participation in marketing campaigns to drive success on our platform and scale
- Onboarding new outlets for clients onto the platform, optimisation of clients delivery coverage and menu offerings
- Supporting the development of the local On-Demand Convenience (focusing on grocery and/or retail verticals) growth handbook, based on data-driven analysis of the demand needs supply gaps for the category(s), including but not limited to optimising menu range developing partner operations’ best practices
What we’re looking for…
- 3-4 years of experience in client management
- Ability to interpret data, develop actionable insights accordingly and presentation of data well
- Clearly frames increasingly broad / complex issues, articulating tradeoffs and recommends solutions
- Understands the strategic implications of their work
- Anticipate risks and suggest ways to mitigate them
- Willingness to trial ideas and derive learnings for both clients and the business
- Adaptable problem-solver that is able breakdown barriers and actively find solutions
- Confident and energetic, bringing passion to the team to help create an encouraging team environment that cultivates new ways of thinking and breeding new ideas
- Self-starter - Able to navigate through uncertainties and initiate new processes in new territories
- Fluent in Mandarin (you’ll need to communicate with our Mandarin-speaking partners)
- Strong communication skills
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space
Something looks off?