Customer Care Manager (Escalation & Complaints Lead)
The Global Central team
The Global Central team is the support function for the Global Operations team. Ensuring that the operational teams have all the tools, training and support they need to deliver a seamless Customer Experience to our Customers, Restaurants and Riders.
Complaints provide a source of great insight and as such the Global Complaints Manager will be deeply connected to key stakeholders across the organisation, ensuring that the route cause of all complaints is identified and that actions are put in place across the global team to prevent the same problem occuring.
The Global Complaints team will provide an exceptional level of service to all customers who they deal with, turning frowns upside down and reducing the likelihood of a customer leaving Deliveroo.
What you’ll be doing
- Oversee the Deliveroo Global Complaints team, supporting the team to investigate and resolve complex complaints and queries in a timely manner taking a 'putting themselves in the customer's shoes'
- Strike a balance between helping the interests of the customer and of the company
- Be/become an expert in the Deliveroo policy and procedures in order to facilitate deep dives and answer questions from senior members of the leadership team
- Ensure learning and actions from complaints are identified, recorded and shared with they wider business to fix the route of complaints
- Support the training and development of the complaint handlers and perform quality assurance across the team
- Keep up to date with industry standards and best practice and implement changes to complaints practise when necessary
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, particularly with operational leadership and compliance
- You will supervise, develop, coach and motivate your team to ensure that they are engaged and energised to work at their best
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to resource your team and forecast work volumes accurately up to 2 months ahead, as well as with the daily management of work and liaising with other teams when planning ahead
- Display role model behaviours, leadership and organisational skills, and have confidence in making decisions
- You will participate in recruitment activities (including making decisions on individuals)
- You will need to be flexible with your working hours at times
Your Success Measures
- Reduce executive complaints per 100,000 orders
- Consistently achieve all SLA’s and KPI’s as set out in the complaints team scorecard
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 4+ years’ experience as a People Leader within a large scale customer service environment in a fast moving and dynamic company - experience in Agile work is highly desirable
- Experience in a leading a complaint management function with a focus on utilising complaints data to drive business improvement
- Is detail and action orientated, Can prioritise effectively - leading on multiple project workstreams concurrently and independently
- Takes personal accountability for quality and accuracy of their own and their teams work
- Is not afraid to speak up when working with more senior stakeholders and partners
- You will have sound decision making skills and ability to risk manage and escalate where appropriate.
- Must have right to work in the UK
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
Something looks off?