Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Deliveroo is looking for a Payroll Benefits specialist to look after the administration of our Global benefits portfolio. As part of the Global Payroll team you will work closely with HR’s Benefit and Reward teams and Deliveroo’s Tax team. You are responsible for the accurate administration, preparation and reconciliation of the payroll benefit data.
You will be responsible for the implementation of any new benefits within payroll ensuring we align on process, have the relevant payroll codes assigned and that we are tax compliant. You will look after the monthly and annual benefit administration as it applies to payroll, connecting with the Tax, Benefits and Reward teams as is necessary. You will also be responsible for the supervision of one benefit assistant.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure accurate & timely reporting of in country benefits.
- Engage, oversee and approve any benefit related Payroll change within each market, ensuring alignment (where possible) to globally standardised payroll processes and requirements.
- Responsible for the administration and reconciliation of share options and RSUs as they relate to payroll processing (Morgan Stanley’s Shareworks platform).
- Liaise with internal and external customers, on a wide range of Benefit related issues in all markets in which we operate.
- Ensure the accurate and timely payments of all benefit related invoices ensuring this data gets reconciled back to payroll data input and output.
- Escalation point for any benefit related enquiries
- Working with internal tax team to ensure latest changes in tax law are proactively considered against share scheme and benefit in kind reporting
- Maintain taxability matrix for all benefits in kind
- Administer all company pension schemes including submissions via provider websites in a Global market. Reconciliation of these pension schemes back to payroll input.
- Responsible for the downloading of employee benefit elections and preparation of input to payroll
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the data from payroll comparing it to inputs and invoices
- Responsible for collating accurate data for payrolled benefits and BIK i.e. FBT in Australia, PSA UK and P11d UK
- Work with the reward function and tax team to produce updates to employees about any changes to the benefits and related tax cost
- Support the People, Reward and Payroll teams with the annual benefits renewal and benefits enrolment window.
- Partner with finance teams to manage benefits billing
- Drive process and controls improvements across all areas of responsibility and document accordingly
- Responsible for the training and development of the Payroll Benefit Assistant.
- Experience in an employee benefits role
- Good understanding of Global Payroll especially UK Salary sacrifice arrangements
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Previous experience in people management
- Ability to work in a confidential environment
- High level of IT literacy, familiarity with Google Workspace is an advantage.
- Experience supporting international benefit programs in a multinational company
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
Something looks off?