VP of Research & Development
VP of Research & Development Remote · Full time
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Vice President of Research to lead our research team in the development and optimization of novel circulating tumor reactive lymphocyte-based therapies. You will play a leadership role in the company and will work closely with the leadership team to establish R&D infrastructure and capabilities for the company.
We are building a new cell therapy company to transform the cell therapy space and enable the rapid generation of potent anti-tumor T cell repertoires from every patient with cancer. We are building a company culture based on collaboration, transparency, integrity, and commitment to excellence. We are looking for passionate people to join us on our journey and build a world-class organization. Join us!
Remote with Frequent Travel to Chicago
What you'll do:
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Vice President of Research to lead our research team in developing and optimizing novel circulating tumor-reactive lymphocyte-based therapies. You will play a leadership role in the company and will work closely with the leadership team to establish R&D infrastructure and capabilities for the company. You will directly lead and oversee an internal team of scientists and provide insights, guidance, oversight, and mentorship to the team to ensure the establishment of a quality and data-driven organization that will deliver on corporate objectives. You will bring a strong scientific background in the biology, analytical assessment, and application of T-cell therapy products, and exceptional leadership, management, operational, and interpersonal skills to this role.
Reports to the CEO
- Build, oversee, and guide research and development (R&D) efforts to establish a quality and data-driven organization that delivers on corporate objectives and priorities
- Manage, enable, and inspire R&D staff to excellence
- Ensure quality of all laboratory operations, data, analyses, and reports conforms to GLP and statistical and quality principles to enable robust and statistical evaluation of R&D data for presentation and cross-functional discussion, and decision-making
- Take a leadership role in external collaborations and partner interactions, evaluations, and diligence
- Represent the company to external stakeholders, including prospective partners, collaborators, and investors
- Collaborate with leadership and management teams to create and maintain a dynamic cross-functional, and effective organization
- Maintain a high level of professional expertise through regular consulting of scientific literature
You should have:
- MD and/or Ph.D. with 7+ years of related experience in Cellular therapy, T cell Immunology, Cellular Biology, or Immunotherapy
- Prior experience with development to IND of T cell therapy programs in a quality environment, preferably in a biopharma setting
- Experience and expertise with the development and application of T cell, functional and analytic assays required, including flow-cytometry, in vitro, and high-throughput molecular characterization
- Experience with GLP processes and guidelines
- Successful track record of effectively managing and mentoring scientific staff (Ph.D., Research Associates)
- Experience with development and maintaining timelines and budgets for therapeutics development programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and manage multiple concurrent projects with a high degree of independence required
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills are required
- A strong drive to inspire, empower, and enable your colleagues to bring the next generation of transformative cell therapies to patients
What we offer:
Compensation: A competitive salary in addition to equity.
Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision insurance, FHA, 401(k), commuter benefits
At CTRL, we embrace the different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences our team members bring to the table. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applicants and teammates regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.
Something looks off?