Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
CrossFit is hiring a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to join the frontend group of our technology team. This is an opportunity to be a part of a friendly, tight-knit group of talented developers and help spearhead next-generation initiatives from start to finish. You will be a key contributor to our software stack and your work will be reflected directly in the end-product used by hundreds of thousands of customers.
The chosen candidate should demonstrate high-motivation, a natural curiosity and a knack for clean and intuitive implementation. Above all we’re looking for resourceful individuals who are passionate about building innovative and impactful user experiences.
● Architecting and contributing to the frontend technology stack that powers our consumer facing software systems.
● Writing robust, highly tested, scalable and well-crafted user interfaces consuming our ecosystem of APIs
● Improving, internalizing and adhering to design and coding conventions adopted across our architecture
● Collaborating with backend engineers to ensure optimal performance and a smooth user experience.
● Working closely with the design and product team to iterate on UI/UX
● Taking an active role in tracking tasks and communicating progress with the team
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
● Collaboration: Team-oriented approach and willingness to work closely with tech, product teams, and the larger organization.
● Responsibility and Reliability: Efficient task management and adherence to deadlines.
● Passion for CrossFit: Commitment to the organization's mission.
● Continuous Learning and Improvement: Staying informed on and incorporating the latest in frontend best practices.
● Agile Development Support: Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
● 8+ years of frontend development experience
● Extensive experience with frontend frameworks and design systems, particularly React/Remix/Redux/Typescript
● Extensive experience with documentation, unit, integration and e2e testing
● Experience in A/B testing, analytics and SEO.
● Extensive experience in continuous integration and continuous deployment
● Experience and interest in backend stacks are a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
● Rich Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
● Discretionary Paid Time Off – empowering you to unplug whenever and however you need to
● Flexible spending account and 401(k) with employer matching - vested on day one
● CrossFit Gym Membership Reimbursement
● CrossFit Courses Benefit
● Partnership Perks
CrossFit is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain qualified applicants from a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, past or present military service, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.