Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
what is CRED?
CRED is an exclusive community for India’s most trustworthy and creditworthy individuals, where the members are rewarded for good financial behavior. CRED was born out of a need to bring back the focus on a long lost virtue, one of trust, the idea being to create a community centered around this virtue. a community that constantly strives to become more virtuous in this regard till they finally scale their behavior to create a utopia where being trustworthy is the norm and not the exception. to build a community like this requires a community of its own; a community special in its own way, working towards making this vision come true.
here’s a thought experiment: what do you get when you put a group of incredibly passionate and driven people and entrust them with the complete freedom to chase down their goals in a completely uninhibited manner? answer: you get something close to what we have at CRED; CRED just has it better.
here’s what will be in store for you at CRED once you join as a part of the design team.
design at CRED -
we like to call ourselves mafias!at CRED design, we take “design” seriously - and by "seriously", we mean we have a blast doing it. we're a tight-knit group of designers who believe that design is not just about aesthetics, but also about creating a narrative that makes the user feel like they're on a journey by telling a great story, not just making a transaction. our design is about the ability to achieve the goal and its ability to bring joy. the design philosophy is simple: form is function, and every aspect of design plays a crucial role in bringing joy to the experience.
*cue mission impossible background music **
what you will do?
- join the ranks of the disruptive product design team, where you'll help mature our fintech and lifestyle solution
- drive innovation in interaction design, while also focusing on performance and scalability
- think outside the box and bring first-principle thinking
- paint a vision for new concepts, design trends, and take an obsessive approach to detail
- work extensively on the initial implementations (0-1s) and major feature enhancements within the CRED app
- consistently refine and enhance interactions throughout the CRED app
- utilize tools such as Principle, ProtoPie, Figma, and potentially After Effects to create compelling designs and prototypes
- collaborate on product design projects as needed, contributing innovative ideas and solutions
- an ideal candidate will bring a mix of artistic talent and technical expertise, demonstrating a strong background in prototyping and interaction design
- you should be able to think outside the box, proposing and implementing innovative design solutions that resonate with users
you should apply if you:
- have 3-4 years of experience in interaction design
- are proficient in Principle or ProtoPie, with a strong portfolio demonstrating mastery in prototyping
- are familiar with tools like Figma and After Effects
- can be a creative thinker who has a knack for developing innovative concepts that enhance user engagement
- have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- have a taste for adventure : we're not talking about bungee jumping here (although that would be pretty cool). we're talking about taking design risks and pushing boundaries to create products that are truly unique and visually stunning
- hold a strong business acumen : you know that design is not just about art, it's about creating products that meet the needs of the business. you have a deep understanding of the business landscape, and you know how to create designs that drive results
- have a sense of humor : life's too short to be serious all the time. we want someone who can bring a light, quirky, and fun perspective to their work and our office. bonus points if you can design a smiley face into our next product
we're looking for a designer who thrives in ambiguity, and design solutions that are equally thoughtful, elegant, and delightful. you play well with others, but you aren't afraid to stand up for what you think is right. you're diplomatic and flexible while seeing the big picture, but you also find satisfaction in making every detail right. you partner with product management and engineering to deliver a great customer experience and also work with the bigger design team to ensure the overall end-to-end experience is coherent. to be successful in this role, you'll need to be someone with a dedicated mindset towards making things happen. so, if you're ready to join the family of mafias and help create a utopia, we'd love to hear from you!
how is life at CRED?
working at CRED would instantly make you realize one thing: you are working with the best talent around you. not just in the role you occupy, but everywhere you go. talk to someone around you; most likely you will be talking to a singer, standup comic, artist, writer, an athlete, maybe a magician. at CRED people always have talent up their sleeves. with the right company, even conversations can be rejuvenating. at CRED, we guarantee a good company.
hard truths: pushing oneself comes with the role. and we realize pushing oneself is hard work. which is why CRED is in the continuous process of building an environment that helps the team rejuvenate oneself: included but not limited to a stacked, in-house pantry, with lunch and dinner provided for all the team members, paid sick leaves and a comprehensive health insurance.
to make things smoother and to make sure you spend time and energy only on the most important things, CRED strives to make every process transparent: there are no work timings because we do not believe in archaic methods of calculating productivity, your work should speak for you. there are no job designations because you will be expected to hold down roles that cannot be described in one word. since trust is a major virtue in the community we have built, we make it a point to highlight it in the community behind CRED: all our employees get their salaries before their joining date. a show of trust that speaks volumes because of the skin in the game.
there are many more such eccentricities that make CRED what it is but that’s for one to discover. if you feel at home reading this, get in touch.