associate legal counsel
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
what is CRED?
CRED is an exclusive community for India’s most trustworthy and creditworthy individuals, where the members are rewarded for good financial behaviour.
CRED was born out of a need to bring back the focus on a long-lost virtue, one of trust, the idea being to create a community centered around this virtue. a community that constantly strives to become more virtuous in this regard till they finally scale their behaviour to create a utopia where being trustworthy is the norm and not the exception. to build a community like this requires a community of its own; a community special in its own way, working towards making this vision come true.
here’s a thought experiment: what do you get when you put a group of incredibly passionate and driven people and entrust them with the complete freedom to chase down their goals in a completely uninhibited manner?
answer: you get something close to what we have at CRED; CRED just has it better.
here’s what will be in store for you at CRED once you join us.
what will you do?
- review and negotiate commercial agreements with various business partners (including D2C brands, banks, marketing agencies, tech platforms and financial institutions) on a wide range of matters from marketing, promotions, e-commerce contracts, payment support services contracts and similar standard commercial contracts to complex, high-dollar value transactions and cutting-edge business initiatives
- advice the business teams on laws applicable and legal risks related to new lines of business and assist the business teams in structuring the new lines of business
- draft terms of service, standard form agreements and other documentation for new lines of business
- provide day-to-day corporate and business law counselling
- administer and resolve legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships
- legal review of internal procedures and compliance issues
- research and analysis related to new legislation, regulations, judicial precedents or other developments which may impact the business and liaison with law firms and external counsels
you should apply if you:
- have 3-4 years of relevant experience of working at law firms or at start-ups
- possess strong skills in legal drafting, research, negotiation and with commercial and contentious work
- have experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- have the competence to review and identify common legal issues in complex commercial documentation
- are competent in broad range of corporate and business laws, including various FEMA regulations and SEBI regulations along with the ability to address related research questions with ease
- have the ability to analyse business processes, spot issues and propose/implement solutions
- are inclined towards working in start-up and fintech ecosystems along with the curiosity to track and keep abreast of the changing regulatory landscape
- are high in motivation, are creative and laser-focused on the details
how is life at CRED?
working at CRED would instantly make you realize one thing: you are working with the best talent around you. not just in the role, you occupy, but everywhere you go. talk to someone around you; most likely you will be talking to a singer, standup comic, artist, writer, athlete, maybe a magician. at CRED people always have talent up their sleeves. with the right company, even conversations can be rejuvenating. at CRED, we guarantee good company.
hard truths: pushing oneself comes with the role. and we realize pushing oneself is hard work. this is why CRED is in the continuous process of building an environment that helps the team rejuvenate itself: included but not limited to a stacked, in-house pantry, with lunch and dinner provided for all the team members, paid sick leaves and comprehensive health insurance.
to make things smoother and to make sure you spend time and energy only on the most important things, CRED strives to make every process transparent: there are no work timings because we do not believe in archaic methods of calculating productivity, your work should speak for you. there are no job designations because you will be expected to hold down roles that cannot be described in one word.
there are many more such eccentricities that make CRED what it is but that’s for one to discover. if you feel at home reading this, get in touch.