system engineer - core (enterprise IT)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
what is CRED?
CRED is an exclusive community for India’s most trustworthy and creditworthy individuals, where the members are rewarded for good financial behaviour. CRED was born out of a need to bring back the focus on a long lost virtue, one of trust, the idea being to create a community centred around this virtue. a community that constantly strives to become more virtuous in this regard till they finally scale their behaviour to create a utopia where being trustworthy is the norm and not the exception. To build a community like this requires a community of its own; a community special in its own way, working towards making this vision come true.
here’s a thought experiment: what do you get when you put a group of incredibly passionate and driven people and entrust them with the complete freedom to chase down their goals in a completely uninhibited manner? answer: you get something close to what we have at CRED; CRED just has it better.
here’s what will be in store for you at CRED once you join as a System engineer.
what will you do?
- design, deploy and support CRED’s IT Infrastructure and Operations, including managing corp and hub offices
- automation into prospective IT processes to diminish the necessity for repetitive manual actions
- design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software and operating systems
- create a metrics dashboard to oversee and maintain alignment of all deployed systems and infrastructure within the organization with company guidelines or standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- understanding business requirements, analyzing technical feasibility, creating system architecture, and defining specifications
- liaison with cross teams like networking, compliance, IT-Support and other teams in ensuring the IT and Infra is highly available, supported and in line with the organization's requirements
- own technical projects and initiatives that are related to the Corp and across Hub offices
- responsible for setting up and running the industry's best end user computing solutions
- define baselines and standards for corp OS fleet, systems and configuration management
- write and enhance Corp IT policies in collaboration with other departments and under the supervision of the IT Manager
- responsible for deploying and supporting Enterprise Collaboration + Conference + Content Management platforms
- monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
you should apply if you are/have:
- proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products
- ability to introduce automation into prospective IT processes to minimize the requirement for repetitive manual duties
- demonstrated proficiency in automating IT workflows along with the ability to analyze code and resolve impediments for the teamExcellent understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives
- experience with scripting and automation skills (e.g., Powershell, Python, Bash etc.)
- proven experience with systems planning, security principles and general software management best practices
- proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- good understanding of OS platforms like windows, linux and macOS
- create and sustain custom scripts designed to improve system efficiency and decrease the time spent on human intervention in a range of tasks
- deep knowledge in running/managing DNS, DHCP and standard TCP/IP Services and applications in an enterprise environment
- experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects
- proven ability to identify research and resolve systems problems in a timely manner
- ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- good project management skills
- expertise in identity and access management and SSO ( Eg Azure AD, Okta)
- good understanding of MDM solutions like Intune, Airwatch, Jamf, etc
- familiar with Application Program Interface (API)Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and experience
- must be able to evaluate technologies, develop strategies and deliver presentations to IT management
- self-motivated, proactive, a team player and well-spokenSelf-starter: ability to initiate and manage multiple tasks efficiently for on-time delivery
- managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- 5-7 years of relevant experience with the above skill-set
good to have skills:
- cloud Platforms knowledge: AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP
- experience with virtualisation and containerisation
- knowledge of network topologies & WiFi
- experience in Configuring & managing Network Switches, Routers Firewalls, Remote access & Site-to-Site VPN
how life at CRED ?
working at CRED would instantly make you realize one thing: you are working with the best talent around you. not just in the role you occupy, but everywhere you go. talk to someone around you; most likely you will be talking to a singer, standup comic, artist, writer, an athlete, maybe a magician. at CRED people always have talent up their sleeves. with the right company, even conversations can be rejuvenating. at CRED, we guarantee a good company.
hard truths: pushing oneself comes with the role. and we realise pushing oneself is hard work. which is why CRED is in the continuous process of building an environment that helps the team rejuvenate oneself: included but not limited to a stacked, in-house pantry, with lunch and dinner provided for all the team members, paid sick leaves and a comprehensive health insurance.
to make things smoother and to make sure you spend time and energy only on the most important things, CRED strives to make every process transparent: there are no work timings because we do not believe in archaic methods of calculating productivity, your work should speak for you. there are no job designations because you will be expected to hold down roles that cannot be described in one word. since trust is a major virtue in the community we have built, we make it a point to highlight it in the community behind CRED: all our employees get their salaries before their joining date. a show of trust that speaks volumes because of the skin in the game.
there are many more such eccentricities that make CRED what it is but that’s for one to discover. if you feel at home reading this, get in touch.