backend developer - core data platform
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
what is CRED?
CRED is an exclusive community for India’s most trustworthy and CREDitworthy individuals, where the members are rewarded for good financial behavior. CRED was born out of a need to bring back the focus on a long lost virtue, one of trust, the idea being to create a community centered around this virtue. a community that constantly strives to become more virtuous in this regard till they finally scale their behavior to create a utopia where being trustworthy is the norm and not the exception. to build a community like this requires a community of its own; a community special in its own way, working towards making this vision come true.
here’s a thought experiment: what do you get when you put a group of incredibly passionate and driven people and entrust them with the complete freedom to chase down their goals in a completely uninhibited manner? answer: you get something close to what we have at CRED; CRED just has it better.
at CRED, technology is the backbone that fuels problem-solving at speed and scale with smartness. we have a good share of left-brain/right-brain engineers who solve complex problems, yet at creative best in crafting great consumer experiences. engineers at CRED are highly empowered and are entrusted to own, understand, challenge, and create an upstream impact in Product and Business.
if you are a go-getter, passionate about solving real problems, and enjoy the company and camaraderie of some of the best minds in the game, you should definitely explore CRED.
here’s what will be in store for you at CRED once you join as a data engineer
what will you do?
- apply fundamental principles to solve technological problems efficiently
- assist in designing and developing data pipelines, data models, and ETL processes to facilitate data integration, transformation, and warehousing
- contribute to the maintenance of data infrastructure and systems, with a focus on ensuring data reliability, consistency, and accuracy
- collaborate closely with Data Scientists, Analysts, Product teams, and other stakeholders to grasp data requirements and deliver data solutions aligning with business needs
- participate in the implementation of data governance and data quality practices to maintain data integrity and security
- assist in monitoring data pipelines and addressing data-related issues to ensure smooth data flow and timely resolution
- identify opportunities for automation and process improvements to enhance data engineering workflows
- stay informed about evolving technologies and best practices in data engineering, contributing to the enhancement of data processes
- collaborate with the team and provide technical guidance to less experienced data engineers, fostering knowledge sharing and skill development
- contribute to ensuring the product is secure, available, and resilient, and can scale efficiently in a cloud environment
- communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, providing updates on the progress of key initiatives
- represent the organization in the tech community, building a strong brand presence
you should apply if you :
- proven experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role, with at least 3-5 years of experience in building and maintaining data pipelines and ETL processes
- proficiency in programming languages such as Python or Java, with experience in data processing frameworks like Spark
- familiarity with SQL, basic database management systems, and an understanding of data warehousing concepts
- exposure to cloud-based data platforms (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure) and a willingness to learn more
- basic familiarity with data integration tools, data modeling, and data visualization tools.
- an understanding of Agile methodologies and experience working in cross-functional teams
- strong problem-solving skills and an attention to detail
- effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- an ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team in a dynamic environment
- eagerness to learn and adapt, with an interest in data streaming technologies
how is life at CRED?
working at CRED would instantly make you realise one thing: you are working with the best talent around you. not just in the role you occupy, but everywhere you go. talk to someone around you; most likely you will be talking to a singer, standup comic, artist, writer, an athlete, maybe a magician. at CRED people always have talent up their sleeves. with the right company, even conversations can be rejuvenating. at CRED, we guarantee a good company
hard truths: pushing oneself comes with the role. and we realise pushing oneself is hard work. which is why CRED is in the continuous process of building an environment that helps the team rejuvenate oneself: included but not limited to a stacked, in-house pantry, with lunch and dinner provided for all the team members, paid sick leaves and a comprehensive health insurance
to make things smoother and to make sure you spend time and energy only on the most important things, CRED strives to make every process transparent: there are no work timings because we do not believe in archaic methods of calculating productivity, your work should speak for you. there are no job designations because you will be expected to hold down roles that cannot be described in one word. since trust is a major virtue in the community we have built, we make it a point to highlight it in the community behind CRED: all our employees get their salaries before their joining date. a show of trust that speaks volumes because of the skin in the game
there are many more such eccentricities that make CRED what it is but that’s for one to discover. if you feel at home reading this, get in touch