technology leader - mobile
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
what is CRED?
CRED is an exclusive community for India’s most trustworthy and creditworthy individuals, where the members are rewarded for good financial behavior. CRED was born out of a need to bring back the focus on a long lost virtue, one of trust, the idea being to create a community centered around this virtue. a community that constantly strives to become more virtuous in this regard till they finally scale their behavior to create a utopia where being trustworthy is the norm and not the exception. to build a community like this requires a community of its own; a community special in its own way, working towards making this vision come true.
here’s a thought experiment: what do you get when you put a group of incredibly passionate and driven people and entrust them with the complete freedom to chase down their goals in a completely uninhibited manner? answer: you get something close to what we have at CRED; CRED just has it better.
here’s what will be in store for you at CRED once you join as a part of the team
what will you do?
- design and develop high-quality applications.
- stay up-to-date with the latest android development trends and technologies, and provide recommendations on how to improve our applications.
- build reliable and scalable technology solutions.
- work on a disruptive product that's still in its early stages.
- independently come up with different solutions, extensible high-level designs.
- be responsible for the development and maintenance of the CRED app aimed at a vast number of diverse android devices.
- mentor other engineers, define our technical culture, and help build a fast-growing team.
you should apply if you:
- have at least 8-10 years of experience in product development.
- have experience leading & mentoring a team on a “1-10” product development journey.
- have experience in building complete feature/entire applications from scratch to production
- have experience in mobile technologies (android/iOS) and are well-versed in mobile development methodologies.
- possess expertise in architecture, design patterns, and SOLID principles.
- have strong debugging and root cause analysis skills alongside data structures.
- have in-depth knowledge of multiple architectures such as MVVM, MVI, MVP, and MVC.
- have experience in handling app security and proguard rules.
- possess a deep understanding of product metrics & can collaborate well with a team to deliver a pixel-perfect user experience
- are open to exploring & guide the team on tech frameworks like flutter/KMM.
- are accustomed to working in agile team environments and are a self-starter, conscientious members of the team.
how is life at CRED?
working at CRED would instantly make you realize one thing: you are working with the best talent around you. not just in the role you occupy, but everywhere you go. talk to someone around you; most likely you will be talking to a singer, standup comic, artist, writer, an athlete, maybe a magician. at CRED people always have talent up their sleeves. with the right company, even conversations can be rejuvenating. at CRED, we guarantee a good company.
hard truths: pushing oneself comes with the role. and we realise pushing oneself is hard work. which is why CRED is in the continuous process of building an environment that helps the team rejuvenate oneself: included but not limited to a stacked, in-house pantry, with lunch and dinner provided for all the team members, paid sick leaves and a comprehensive health insurance.
to make things smoother and to make sure you spend time and energy only on the most important things, CRED strives to make every process transparent: there are no work timings because we do not believe in archaic methods of calculating productivity, your work should speak for you. there are no job designations because you will be expected to hold down roles that cannot be described in one word. since trust is a major virtue in the community we have built, we make it a point to highlight it in the community behind CRED: all our employees get their salaries before their joining date. a show of trust that speaks volumes because of the skin in the game.
there are many more such eccentricities that make CRED what it is but that’s for one to discover. if you feel at home reading this, get in touch.