Supply Chain Engineer - LATAM
Supply Chain Engineer - LATAM
Gardena - Full-Time
Everyone recognizes the label on their food, and the brand of their laptop, but what about the journey those items took to reach them? The supply chain is a critical part of every product’s life connecting factories to consumers. Join our team as a supply chain engineer and leverage your experience to strategize and enhance our supply chain processes, ensuring smooth transitions from suppliers into manufacturing and into our customer’s hands. Furthermore, this role strategically focuses on developing and operating a supply chain base focused in Mexico and Latin America. Your work won’t just move products - it’ll move the world towards a future with abundant housing for all.
- You’ll report directly to the Head of Supply Chain at Cover and work closely with a multidisciplinary team of architects, designers, and mechanical engineers, to drive production ramp up and develop, test, and implement product design changes.
- Work in a hands-on role with both manufacturing and product engineering teams, with a high amount of responsibility and autonomy. Producing results on short timelines both individually and in collaboration with others is key to success in this role.
- Source, develop, manage, and collaborate with key suppliers to enable the throughput and quality targets at Cover.
- Identify opportunities to improve our supply chain through supplier evaluations and feedback, and process improvements.
- Take the lead on cost-reduction opportunities by leveraging your proficiency in data analysis and reporting.
- Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering, or similar.
- Minimum 3 years of success implementing improvements in supplier quality and supply chain processes, while supporting production throughput.
- Demonstrated experience in developing supply chains in Mexico
- Experience in developing supply chains in broader LATAM is a plus
- Demonstrated command of improvement methodologies. Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma preferred.
- Excellence in defining requirements where none exist, measuring attributes, analyzing results, improving processes in quality, material flow, and controlling key inputs.
- Demonstrated experience with analysis of total cost of ownership, feasibility, quality, durability, logistics, and information flow is required.
- Experience and demonstration
- History of continual improvement and achievement: identifying and implementing systematic changes that increase efficiency, effect change, and, most importantly, improve the product.
- Develop models to analyze the cost, throughput, and space factors for part sequencing, material batching, intermediate storage locations, and other material flow strategies.
- Able to evaluate product quality during supplier qualification visits using practical approaches.
- Understanding of how tariffs, anti-dumping, and duties work.
- Extensive knowledge of import and export.
- Full professional proficiency in Spanish is required.
- Exceptional quality and supply chain fundamentals.
- Able to ensure functional quality, supply chain robustness, and information requirements while onboarding suppliers.
- Ability to be collaborative while persistent on deliverables and improvements with team members and suppliers.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication.
- Self-starting approach to project management with excellent follow-through.
- Thrive in a fast-paced hands-on environment where solving challenging problems both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical ability to break down complex problems and data sets to derive meaningful, actionable results and properly communicate with leadership teams.
- Understand and utilize 5S, 7 Waste, VSM and problem-solving tools.
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity and robust benefits.
The overall cash salary for this position ranges from $90,000 - $110,000 per year.
Our compensation package extends beyond cash salary and encompasses various elements that contribute to a comprehensive rewards system. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer equity through stock options, performance bonuses, health and fitness reimbursements, high-quality company-subsidized healthcare, generous paid time off (PTO), and complimentary weekly catered meals available on-site.
Cover’s aims to be competitive with it’s overall compensation packages relative to the market considering the company stage, industry, funding, and location. This market range includes salary, applicable bonuses, and equity – which are each important components of an offer from Cover. More details can be provided during the interview.
Cover’s pay ranges are informed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual compensation package offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including the essential functions of the role, experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level, and prior accomplishments.
Our mission is to make thoughtfully designed and well-built homes for everyone. We believe that having a diverse and inclusive workplace brings a range of unique perspectives to the table and helps us better accomplish this mission. We are an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.