Junior Architectural Designer
Gardena - Full-Time
At Cover, we’re not just constructing buildings; we are redesigning the future of residential living. We are utilizing modern manufacturing to bring high quality homes to everyone. As a Junior Architectural Designer, you’ll be at the center of innovation, bringing groundbreaking architectural vision to a future with abundant housing for all.
- You’ll report directly to our Head of Product Engineering who has previously worked with Foster & Partners, BIG, Gehry Partners, Jony Ive & Apple.
- Work closely with our Lead Designer to drive Cover’s design vision, and develop solutions for a wide range of problems and scales.
- Responsible for visually communicating ideas to a wide set of audiences, using various tools including diagrams, drawings, 3D models, renderings, and physical mockups.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of mechanical engineers, technicians, fabricators, software engineers, and manufacturing engineers.
This is a hands-on role – you’ll be expected to quickly take ideas to full-scale mockups in hours in our 10,000 sq.ft. R&D space and with the support of our talented R&D technicians.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, or similar from an NAAB-accredited program.
- This is an entry level role, relevant work or internship experience working in architecture, fabrication, industrial design, film production design, or other similar industry is desired.
- Strong portfolio of architectural design including academic work is needed. Please send your portfolio with your application.
- Excellent communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstration of strong spatial intuition and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to iterate on designs quickly and effectively based on feedback or changes in requirements
- Proficiency in a range of design and visualization software such as Rhino, 3D Studio Max, VRay, or Photoshop.
- Skilled in 2D technical drawings, experience in producing architectural construction documents preferred.
- Strong physical model making or prototyping skills, both at scaled and full scale representation, experience in the medium of 3D printing, sculpting, woodworking, or metal working preferred.
- Produce concepts and renderings quickly to successfully compare concepts and options with limited time constraints
- Understanding of basic engineering principles of architecture
- Well-versed in material characteristics to drive effective material selection
- Collaborate and work independently in a fast-paced hands-on environment working on challenging problems
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity and robust benefits.
The overall cash compensation package for this position ranges from $65,000 to $90,000 per year.
Our compensation package extends beyond cash salary and encompasses various elements that contribute to a comprehensive rewards system. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer equity through stock options, performance bonuses, health and fitness reimbursements, high-quality company-subsidized healthcare, generous paid time off (PTO), and complimentary weekly catered meals available on-site.
Cover’s aims to be competitive with it’s overall compensation packages relative to the market considering the company stage, industry, funding, and location. This market range includes salary, applicable bonuses, and equity – which are each important components of an offer from Cover. More details can be provided during the interview.
Cover’s pay ranges are informed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual compensation package offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including the essential functions of the role, experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level, and prior accomplishments.
Our mission is to make thoughtfully designed and well-built homes for everyone. We believe that having a diverse and inclusive workplace brings a range of unique perspectives to the table and helps us better accomplish this mission. We are an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.