Business Intelligence Manager
Sales & Business Development, Operations, Data Science
Los Altos, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2024
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development to operations to production.
About the Position
At Contrast, we pride ourselves on being the best, which requires hiring the best. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Manager to join our world-class operations team. Our ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver and unafraid of challenges. Building the world’s fastest and most accurate application and web security demands a mix of tenacity, passion, and experience. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and data-driven Business Intelligence enthusiast who thrives in building insights through data and is not deterred by complexity. The Business Intelligence Manager will be part of the Global Business Operations team, and their contributions will be key to increasing operational efficiency adding structure and consistency to the people-processes-technology that support Contrast’s overall mission.
This critical role reports to the Director of Sales Operations. It requires regular communication and cross-functional collaboration across Sales, Marketing, IT, Finance, and Product. It defines data workflows, processes, and resources needed to help each function reach a shared goal - delighting customers and business partners.
- Data Strategy Development
- Develop and articulate a holistic data strategy aligning with the organization's business strategy and goals
- Define the vision for data management, governance, and analytics to drive innovation and create a competitive advantage
- Data Analytics And Insights
- Lead the development of analytics frameworks to derive actionable insights from data
- Own the end-to-end delivery of data warehouse implementation, from data aggregation and ETL, to consumption and visualization
- Collaborate with business units to identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and implement analytics solutions that drive business value
- Operational Excellence
- Streamline and optimize data-related processes and workflows for efficiency
- Establish and enforce data governance policies and standards to ensure data quality, security, and compliance
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to define and implement data stewardship and ownership frameworks
- Performance Metrics And KPIs
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure the effectiveness of the data strategy
- Establish processes for regular monitoring and reporting on the performance of data initiatives
- Stakeholder Collaboration And Communication
- Collaborate with executives, business leaders, and cross-functional teams to understand their data needs and strategic objectives
- Communicate the value of data-driven decision-making across the organization
- Act as a trusted advisor, guiding how data can be leveraged to achieve business outcomes
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in data science, business analytics, computer science, or a related field
- Proven experience in developing and implementing data strategies in complex organizational environments
- Detailed understanding of data warehouse implementations, ETL workflows, and visualization tools
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence at a senior level, collaborate with diverse stakeholders, and drive results in a dynamic environment with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
What We Offer
Salary and Other Compensation
This position's standard base pay range is $112,000 - $168,000 annually. This position is also eligible for an equity package subject to the terms of the Company’s applicable plans. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider several factors: geography, skill set, experience, job scope, and current market data.
Contrast Security offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Transit, and Commuter benefits, Flexible PTO, 56 hours of Annual Sick time, Paid Parental Leave and Paid Holidays.
The salary, other compensation, and benefits information are accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations. At Contrast, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Contrast is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts, and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time, we are only accepting resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have signed a formal agreement with us.