Sr. Cloud Engineer (Belfast/Northern Ireland)
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2023
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development to operations to production.
About The Position
As a member of the Cloud Engineering team, you are part of a team responsible for ensuring availability, reliability, responsiveness, and scalability across all Contrast production services. You are hands-on with our cloud-based infrastructure, Linux systems, automation, monitoring, and systems telemetry.
You work with our engineering team to design and build system infrastructure that is automated, elastic, and reliable. The tools you build and provide increase automation, consistency, and confidence in all platforms. As a teammate, we expect you to challenge conventional wisdom and encourage everyone to have simpler solutions. You are a teammate interested in the products we work on and passionate about making the Internet a safer place.
Ideal candidates have a background or interest in working with Pulumi, AWS, CloudFormation, Terraform, Kubernetes, and Restful API development. If you're terrific but lacking some of these skills, apply anyway. Please include a link to your Github or BitBucket account and any links to some of your projects, if available.
(Applicant must be located in Belfast or Northern Ireland.)
- Ability to harness all that AWS has to offer - you'll be spinning up new scalable environments quickly and keeping our AWS accounts tidy and efficient
- Ability to maintain Pulumi
- A passion for working with AWS Lambda gets you an extra cookie each day
- A passion for working with AWS IAM gets you extra milk to go with the cookie
- A love of New Relic, ThreatStack, SumoLogic, or any other telemetry available
- Familiarity with Linux containers and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes or Nomad
- Understanding of HTTP, REST, networking concepts, and global load-balancing
- A passion for automation – a key team goal is to reduce daily toil through automation
- Work cross-functionally within a service team and be a core contributor to every significant engineering solution that is delivered
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Participate in on-call rotations along with every member of the engineering team
- Solid understanding of system design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
- Solid programming and troubleshooting skills. You may be called upon to help with systems written in Java, Go, Python, and NodeJS. We are looking for people who value the opportunity to dig through a codebase for debugging and commit tactical fixes as needed
- You have 8+ years in technology with at least three in a Cloud Engineer, DevOps, or SRE role
- You can commute to our Belfast occasionally. You understand the difference between being a team of one or two and a team of ten
- You’re a storyteller with compelling stories about when you learned something new to solve a problem for your company and stories about how you helped your teammates build up
- You have powerful stories about the failures and mistakes you’ve made and the lessons learned. You share them as cautionary tales with your teammates
- You love to code and deploy at scale
- You have a desire to make the Internet a safer place
- You were passionate about tools like Ansible and Cloudformation but are moving on to tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, and Helm
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you're building
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need. You write things down so someone else on your team can do them
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work results from finding the simplest solution to complex challenges. We see simplicity as the most significant expression of intelligence and responsibility
- You see the big picture. You understand how your code interacts with systems and services internally and externally
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the abovementioned qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
What We Offer
- Flexible paid time off
- The onboarding, training, and tools to allow you to excel from day one
- A team who are generous with their knowledge and time, who work collaboratively and provide each other a platform to succeed
- A competitive salary package that includes stock options
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations. At Contrast, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Contrast is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts, and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time, we are only accepting resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have signed a formal agreement with us.