Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2023
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development to operations to production.
About the Position
Our Security team is hyper-focused on continuous vulnerability and threat research affecting the world's software ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining the fidelity and security of our cloud computing environments. The Senior Cloud Security Engineer is responsible for supporting and contributing to Contrast’s growing and enhancing security efforts. As a key member of the Security team, you are part of a team responsible for ensuring the security of all Contrast assets. You are deeply hands-on with our cloud-based infrastructure, Linux systems, automation, monitoring, and systems telemetry. Ideal candidates have a background or immense interest in working with: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Tomcat/Java, MySQL, CloudFormation, Serverless, RabbitMQ, and Kafka.
- Research, design, develop, and support reference cloud security architecture components
- Recommend and create innovative solutions that balance security standards with business requirements
- Develop applications, integrations, and automation to improve security operations and governance
- Define and evangelize cloud, serverless, and application security best practices
- Recommend, implement, and administer cloud, serverless, and application security controls
- Perform Threat modeling in collaboration with product security, architecture, and development teams
- Identify and communicate new and emerging security threats
- Investigate and analyze suspicious activity and security incidents as part of the incident response team
- Conduct basic and applied research on important and challenging problems in cloud and application security
- Development and presentation of content associated with security research through conference speaking and/or blogging
- Provide tier-3 support for reported incidents and escalation of security findings review
- Ability to perform vulnerability and penetration testing assessments
- Analyze results from and interface with IDS systems
- You have 3-5 years of experience in cloud security & cloud engineering or DevOps
- Strong knowledge of cloud hosting environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI, etc)
- Solid grasp of cloud-based networking
- Deep understanding of microservice and container architecture
- Familiarity with cloud compliance and security benchmarks (i.e., CIS, NIST, etc)
- You love to code and deploy at scale
- You have a desire to make the Internet a safer place
- You had a passion for tools like Terraform, Kubernetes and Helm
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need
- You're a problem solver
- Strong automation background supported by knowledge of programming or scripting languages
- Experience with ethical hacking and vulnerability management reporting
- Experience with threat modeling and attack forensics
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
What We Offer
Salary and Other Compensation
This position's standard base pay range is $135,000.00 - $175,000.00 annually. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider several factors, including geography, skill set, experience, job scope, and current market data.
Contrast Security offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Transit and Commuter benefits, Flexible PTO, 56 hours of Annual Sick time, Paid Parental Leave, and Paid Holidays.
The salary, other compensation, and benefits information are accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer, and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations. At Contrast, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Contrast is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts, and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time, we are only accepting resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have signed a formal agreement with us.
See more open positions at Contrast Security
Something looks off?