Business Development Representative
About the opportunity
As a Sales Development Representative joining our North America sales team, you’ll have a direct impact on the growth of the company by managing our lead pipeline and identifying leads and sales opportunities with an emphasis on driving outbound activities. In addition, you will refine our sales prospecting techniques.
What to expect?
- You effectively maintain the active engagement with our existing leads through an adaptable and personalized approach
- Partner with, and help to build the pipelines of Enterprise and Strategic Account Executives who will assist in developing and sharpening your skills through consistent feedback
- Documenting various details including use case, stakeholders, vendor decision process, next steps
- Prioritizing opportunities and applying appropriate internal resources
- Use and keep Salesforce.com up-to-date for lead management and sales forecasting
- Ensure a timely follow-up with all prospects
- Achieve monthly and quarterly goals of qualified opportunities and meetings booked for the Account Executives
What you need to be successful?
- College / University Degree educated
- 1-2 years of work experience preferred; and previous SDR experience is highly advantageous
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Seeks to understand the customer’s needs, objectives and challenges
- Active listener and good note taker
- Ability to proactively qualify customer needs
- Ability to understand the business opportunity, and to articulate it to the AE team, by understanding the prospect’s use case and requirements well and how Contentful fits into the customer’s goals
- Ability to build rapport with prospects, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Self starter, doesn’t wait for things to happen, but pro-actively takes action to move the conversation forward
- Ability to follow the set processes, update the relevant systems diligently, and make suggestions on improvements where required
- Detail oriented and data driven
- Ability to work with standard software such as Salesforce, and others.
- Technical understanding and keen interest for technology
- Customer-first mindset, where you and company wins by helping our customers to be successful
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
This role will need to be conducted in a state in which we are currently registered to do business.
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $70,000 - $72,500
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the intelligent composable content platform that unlocks all of an organization’s digital content to deliver impactful customer experiences, making content a strategic business asset. The Contentful Platform, Contentful Studio, and the Contentful Ecosystem combine the flexibility of composable content with the intelligence of AI, empowering digital teams to drive business momentum through collaboration, speed, and scale. Contentful powers innovative content experiences across brands, regions, and channels for organizations around the world, including nearly 30% of the Fortune 500. Nearly 800 people from more than 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.