Senior Financial Analyst
About the opportunity
We are looking for a high performing individual to support expense planning for our dynamic and growing, global business. This role reports to the Sr. Manager of Corporate FP&A and performs complex financial analyses of forecasts, budgets, operating metrics and cash flows for multiple functions within the Company. The SFA will partner with senior leaders to build and manage budgets, ensure timely access to financial information, identify risks and opportunities, and improve business processes.
What to expect?
- Partner with senior leaders to develop annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and analyze monthly results for various functions
- Prepare ad hoc analyses and key findings to optimize capital allocation
- Support the growth of our teams and organization structure through headcount forecasting and reconciliation processes
- Track and approve requisitions/POs/invoices in alignment with budgets
- Be curious, ask questions, identify and implement process improvements
- Build strong relationships in this highly visible role across multiple organizations in the US and Europe
What you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting with 4+ years of work experience
- Understanding of forecasting, financial modeling and business planning processes
- Ability to clearly articulate information verbally and in writing/presentations
- Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize and complete tasks independently in a timely manner
- Personify our key values of being humble, team oriented, customer first, and exemplify a growth mindset
- Advanced Excel or Google Sheets skills required
- Experience with Adaptive Insights is a plus, and/or similar financial planning tools
- SaaS business experience is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $104,000 - $108,500
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s equity plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.