Senior Project Manager
Commure and Athelas have recently joined forces to form healthcare’s next-generation operating system. Through its pioneering AI-powered platform, the newly combined Commure gives time back to clinicians and staff at hospitals and health systems across the U.S. with easy-to-use clinical, financial, and operational solutions.
Together, we’re on a mission to connect, protect, and empower healthcare by developing groundbreaking and hyper-connected technologies. We believe deeply that by joining our many datasets and digital solutions together in harmony, we can solve our industry’s biggest challenges: improving the experiences of our care providers, bringing down the cost of care, and ensuring the health and wellbeing of our communities.
If you want to improve healthcare innovation through close partnerships between developers and doctors, come work with us!
Commure is seeking an experienced Sr. Project Manager to drive the success of concurrent implementation projects, ensuring timely completion within budget and scope by coordinating cross-functional efforts, documenting deployment processes, and suggesting process/product enhancements. The ideal candidate will be responsible for delivering Commure Strongline product excellence throughout the project lifecycle as a representative of Commure while engaging with clients at various levels of hierarchy.
- Develop, organize, and plan project tasks, schedules, budget, and overall project success.
- Lead virtual and/or in-person presentations and training sessions.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders, key participants, and executive sponsors.
- Maintain consistent project documentation and adhere to defined standards.
- Identify, document, and assist in resolving client escalations, risks, dependencies, decisions, and issues.
- Facilitate collaboration across departments to ensure successful project completion.
- Manage and coordinate multiple technology projects for timely and budget-conscious delivery.
- Provide on-site assistance with product offering deployment.
- Document software/hardware issues, conduct research, and provide insights to the development team.
- Document solution enhancements for clear understanding by development and alignment with business needs.
- Effectively plan new solution software/hardware releases to minimize client impact.
- Lead weekly team meetings to prioritize issues and address pending items.
- Troubleshoot issues, propose solutions, and identify workarounds while awaiting development updates.
- Develop additional documentation for product offerings.
- Create workflows based on site client feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience
- PMP or CMP certification (a plus)
- Flexibility to travel up to 50% of your time
- Strong client-facing and internal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proactive attitude with a focus on continuous process improvement
- Emphasis on quality and client satisfaction
- Healthcare IT and startup background (significant plus)
- Strong technical skills, preferably with technology support experience and software/hardware interface familiarity
- Knowledge of software/hardware installation and network drawings (a plus)
- Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google Suite equivalents
- Experience with Salesforce, Smartsheet, or other project management platforms (a plus)
- Excellent prioritization, planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 20 lbs. (with or without reasonable accommodation)
The salary range that Commure reasonably expects to pay for this position is $130,000 - $170,000. Actual salary offered will vary depending on factors including but not limited to: location, education, experience, skills, and qualifications. In addition to your salary, Commure also offers many competitive elements in our total compensation package for employees such as equity, a comprehensive benefits package, and flexible time off.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- FSA & HSA accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Time Off
Commure is committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We are open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and believe that great people can always find a place. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.
Employees will act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies, to include but not limited to protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference nor execute particular security processes or activities. Employees will report to the information security office any confirmed or potential events or other risks to the organization. Employees will be required to attest to these requirements upon hire and on an annual basis.