Senior Frontend Engineer (Extensions)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Cloaked is a privacy startup dedicated to rebuilding consumer trust in how personal data is used. Our vision is to create an internet that serves the needs of its users, first and foremost—with individual privacy and opt-in at the core. Our product is a virtual “cloak” that you use as you visit any website — Facebook, Amazon, etc. It lets you choose to share all, some, or none of your private information based on your personal preference.
Cloaked is creating the first ever consumer based privacy eco-system that offers complete data ownership, without sacrificing user experience.
Cloaked gives you the ability to auto-generate an identity with a single click from our best in class password management solution. Users can generate masked emails , phone numbers, passwords, and soon credit cards.
We are dedicated to building innovative solutions that allow users to stay private online. If you’re a Senior Frontend Engineer who can deliver and wants to change the future, join our team.
Who are you?
You’re a passionate, driven person with a unique interest in the privacy space. You are excited by our mission to give individuals control over their privacy.. You naturally take initiative to accomplish your goals.
The two skills that make you stand above the rest are your innovative spirit and commitment to execution.
What will you do?
• Architect efficient front-end solutions for complex chrome extensions, web applications, and other browsers
• Set up integrations with 3rd party APIs
• Build reusable UI components and solving UI-related performance problems
• Optimize for page performance, loading speeds and stability to our end users
• Create frameworks for visual automated tests that verify integrations work as expected
• Collaborate with cross-functional groups - backend, frontend, design, product, customer engagement, and growth to build an innovative product
• Design and implementing new technologies and features to support our fast growing user base
• Lead the overall roadmap and architecture of the systems you own, identifying improvements that will enable new functionality and features
What have you done?
• Built chrome extensions
• Developed strong computer science fundamentals
• Become knowledgeable about the fundamental building blocks in web browsers, with HTML/CSS experience
• Gained an excellent understanding of APIs and experience integrating with large 3rd party platforms
• Built a deep understanding of React.js and its core principles, including React Hooks and Context
• Experience with unit testing, Git, Github, and other DevOps and CI/CD tools
• Used front-end development tools such as Webpack, Yarn, etc
• Created or maintained JSON Web APIs backed by relational databases
• You've become comfortable with MVC, Dependency Injection and ORM concepts
• Familiarized yourself with browser based web storage APIs such as WebSQL, IndexedDB, localStorage
Note: if you don’t exactly meet the above criteria but you think you can bring a unique perspective or skill set to this role please feel free to apply. We are always looking for motivated, talented individuals regardless of their background and experience.
Make the impossible, possible
Make it possible, quickly
Make it possible, respectfully
Keep consumer privacy paramount