Senior Manager, Workforce Planning & Analysis
About the Role:
Cityblock is seeking a Senior Manager of Workforce Planning & Analysis on our Operations Excellence team. Operations Excellence at Cityblock is accountable for standardizing efficient and effective healthcare operations across the markets in which we operate. Additionally, the team is accountable for continuously improving areas of opportunity and deriving strategic insights and opportunities that impact market performance and the member experience.
The Senior Manager of Workforce Planning & Analysis will lead the development of Cityblock’s workforce management program by creating the right visibility of workforce management through pulling data and insights, building and feeding engagement “models” to identify areas of opportunity, facilitating discussions with operators and business owners to determine priority levers to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Cityblock’s supply (available appointments) and demand (member needed appointments) staffing equilibrium.
- Lead the workforce management planning process and drive cross-functional teams to create near-term and long-term plans leveraging the appropriate analytic tools and assets
- Evaluate and improve Cityblock’s workforce management systems, processes, and capabilities in-line with Cityblock’s goals and objectives
- Research, recommend, and help apply innovative strategies for improved Marketing and Engagement performance
- Communicate program performance throughout departments and to executive leadership
- Leverage data to identify past patterns, predict future demand, and create optimized solutions in support of balancing staffing to demand
- Understand key operational and financial drivers of clinical and support staff and the levers for impacting labor costs across resources
- Partner with operational and clinical leadership teams and functional department leads to develop monthly, quarterly, and annual workforce management strategies
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business/healthcare management related field
- 5+ years' experience involving technology focused process improvements/transformations or a background in healthcare/management consulting
- Critical thinking and ability to analyze and pull insights from complex datasets
- Strong experience with data analysis tools (ie. Looker) and techniques
- Knowledge of financial modeling and forecasting, including ability to build operational models to guide forecasting and decision making; SQL experience preferred
- Strong cross-departmental collaboration skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $111,339 to $139,000. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.