Lead, RN Care Manager - OH
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
- Responsible for providing clinical, operational, administrative, and managerial support to the RN team.
- Monitors the RN team’s performance and productivity metrics, and supports ongoing professional learning, training, and clinical development
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Market Medical Directors, and the Sr. Director for Operations and Nursing to set market level strategy and tactics to drive performance.
- Responsible for the planning and tactical execution for areas of coverage to support market excellence by managing, communicating, organizing, resourcing, monitoring, performance managing, and engaging talented workforce in the delivery of member focused, efficient, quality driven care services.
- Develop, implement, and administer operations processes and policies to ensure member and client satisfaction, improved efficiency, high quality and productivity
- Leverage technology, continuous improvement, and transformational change initiatives to optimize business processes in area of coverage.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, supervisors, and staff to identify challenges and opportunities and develop creative and innovative solutions for operational excellence.
- Create an environment for high workforce engagement-coach, set expectations, conduct performance appraisals, provide career development, succession planning, corrective action and recognition for assigned staff.
- Develop and maintain daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and key performance indicators.
Requirements for the Role:
- Superior interpersonal skills, clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Communicate clinical concepts to non-clinical staff
- Communicate effectively telephonically, virtually and in-person
- Actively listen to members, care team and other stakeholders to understand and effectively address needs
- Effectively communicate member needs to all stakeholders
- Understanding of how to use scheduling platforms to ensure accurate appointment scheduling and management
- Understanding of how to use electronic health record systems and/or care management platforms to ensure accurate documentation
- Proficient in collecting member clinical and demographic data and documenting appropriately in a timely manner
- Will serve as dedicated Super User for documentation platforms including electronic health record
- Superior problem solving skills - can make difficult decisions and knows when to collaborate with other team members
- Able to provide creative solutions to challenges within the healthcare system that are impeding optimization of members’ care and health
- Growth and learning mentality, ability to think outside the box, go outside the bounds of “traditional” responsibilities
- Adaptable to change and prepared for frequent, fast-paced changes and shifting priorities
- Superior multitasking, organizing, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Up to date knowledge of nursing practices, methods, and tools.
- Prior experience with and deep knowledge of NCQA, CMS, state, and health plan requirements and regulations.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.