Manager, Operations Reporting & Analytics
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
In this role, the Manager of Operations Performance Optimization is responsible for driving a step change in Cityblock operational performance (i.e. achieving board level goals) through implementing a performance reporting infrastructure and process improvement practices. A primary focus of this role will be implementing management tools and operating processes to align the daily activities of individual colleagues in the markets to corporate goals and to create continuous improvement at all levels of the field operations organization. This will ensure we support our middle management team of market/field operations leaders to optimize the performance and focus of their teams’ daily activities tied to delivering our desired outcomes, ultimately improving quality of care for our members.
The ideal candidate is highly skilled at defining and executing process improvement that requires a high level of change management and cross-functional alignment, and comfortable navigating ambiguity with ease. They are strategic, able to draw themes and trends from vast quantities of data, identify opportunities for growth and improvement, and suggest paths forward. They are technically savvy (able to spin up financial models and execute complex analyses) and expert at building strong relationships, earning trust across organizational levels, and supporting change management.
- Be accountable to achieving significant change in operations performance (i.e. board level goals) through successful implementation of novel company wide operating processes and management tools; including leading the change management across all levels of the enterprise (from individual contributors to senior leaders)
- Support the near and long term roadmap development for Cityblock to define, develop and implement
- Scorecards that include what should be measured, how to measure to motivate positive behaviors, and the look/feel to ensure intuitive/easy to use
- Improvement playbook that allows middle management to drive performance improvement within their teams
- Operating mechanisms to consistently review performance across the organization at all levels, and to identify improvement opportunities and plans
- Implementation plan to roll out these new assets and expectations, considering change management best practices
- Enable strong governance of our dashboard data, including origination, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Be accountable to achieving corporate improvement goals through the implementation of these new corporate assets and processes
- Ensure value capture and ongoing process optimization of the newly developed performance management structure by developing structures to identify trends and opportunities for performance optimization based on the new reporting suite.
Requirements for the Role:
- 5+ years direct business experience in integrated healthcare delivery system organizations, managed care or health insurance companies, management/financial consulting firms with healthcare focus, or population health services companies
- Ability to independently manage a portfolio of 3-5 projects with a cross functional team
- Strong Google sheets/Excel skills, inclusive of financial modeling and leveraging connected sheets;SQL experience nice to have
- Experience in a high-growth, unstructured environment where there has been success in implementing structure, reliable operations and continuous improvement
- Excellent skills to organize cross-functional work
- Highly strategic, able to draw themes and trends from vast quantities of data, identify opportunities for growth and improvement, and suggest paths forward
- Analytical, data-driven approach to decision making and performance management
- Demonstrated high emotional intelligence, highly communicative + ability to navigate large, matrixed organization
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently with front line staff and senior executives
- Self starter; Ability to operate independently with minimal direction
- Are an adept and experienced manager, a critical thinker with excellent commercial judgment, and an impressive written and verbal communicator with robust organizational and analytical skills, including expertise with operational and clinical measurement and performance management
- High level of integrity and management of confidential information
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.