VP, Treasury Services
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an experienced leader who will be responsible for working with the Treasurer in developing and scaling a global best-in-class Treasury Execution, Client Services and supporting Operations functions, covering balance sheet management of new product offerings, OTC, digital asset, and fiat operations. In this role, you will seek to actively identify and leverage synergies in operations processes to achieve standardization and automation across all risk management and operational aspects of Circle’s business. This position plays a key strategic role in partnering with our Product, Business, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to deliver risk-managed and operational solutions that help to create value for Circle’s customers and shareholders. You will also lead Circle’s efforts to develop best in class processes and controls that exceed existing and future regulatory requirements. This is an opportunity to build a strategic function that is core to delivering on Circle’s mission.
What you'll work on:
- Building and scaling a best-in-class firmwide operations function to support 24/7 crypto and fiat flows.
- Developing and implementing a global foreign exchange strategy for crypto and fiat operations.
- Developing and implementing credit offerings for digital asset customers to further enhance the efficiency of the stablecoin ecosystem.
- Managing Corporate balance sheet risks, including interest rate, fx and credit risk, and relative hedging activities.
- Facilitating new product launches and lines of business with robust risk operational process design, infrastructure, and managed financial risks to protect the interests of all our stakeholders.
- Providing operational expertise and support to the OTC market making business, including asset custody, reporting, margin operations, and financial risk management.
- Collaborating closely with internal partners to ensure end to end process flows are performed according to regulatory requirements and internal controls/processes.
- Build and manage a global network of transaction banking partners, to bring stablecoin liquidity as close as possible to our customers (network of local fiat on- and off-ramps), in close collaboration with Product and Business.
- Oversee the Treasury relationships with global financial service providers (transaction banking, financial market utilities, etc).
- Owning fiat operations including funds flows, return/exception handling, metrics, and reporting.
- Automating operational and reconciliation process flows to establish operational redundancy, reduce error incidence and increase efficiencies.
- Maintaining operational controls, policies, standards and procedures for operational activities.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 15+ years full time experience in treasury, banking, payments industry or related field.
- 8+ years of experience managing, building and leading teams.
- Prior experience managing balance sheet risks and building and scaling an operations function.
- Strong work ethic and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Inquisitiveness and interest in macroeconomics and business cycle modeling.
- Interest in the cryptocurrency and web3 ecosystems and how they interact with the traditional finance industry.
- Advanced excel/spreadsheet skills and/or basic computer programming capabilities (SQL, Python, AppScript, VBA, etc.)
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $252,500 - $332,500
Annual Bonus Target: 30%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.