Talent Payroll Specialist - Contractor
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
This role will execute payroll processes in APAC. The role includes performing all activities necessary to process and oversee regional payrolls for employees, maintaining related records, documenting, and updating procedures, and streamlining our systems and processes. The position is also accountable for the management of the day-to-day payroll activities. Participate in other Talent Operations team duties as needed. In addition, this person will support Taipei office management as Office Management Administrator.
What you'll work on:
- Administrate payroll activities and or program components to ensure efficient department functionality, including compliance with all country, local tax laws, company policies and procedures.
- Ability to support the full cycle of international payroll processing for the APAC region including, but not limited to, inputs and audits to capture employee changes as it relates to new hires, terminations, pay rate changes, demographic updates, and other pay related requirements.
- Prepare and audit various payroll related documents and reports
- Execute payroll related policies and procedures to ensure data integrity and compliance
- Respond to employee queries related to pay in a timely manner
- Partner with Finance in the reporting of labor costs as it relates to per pay period general ledger reporting
- Partner with Treasury to ensure timely payment of employee deposits and statutory payments
- Partner with the payroll team on additional projects, as needed.
- Office Management:
- Maintaining the office condition and arranging necessary repairs
- Ordering stationery and equipment
- Partner with HRBP to update and maintain office policies as necessary
- Manage office G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Provide general support to visitors
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Communicating in English is required
- 3+ years Taiwan payroll experience required; international payroll experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong service orientation and accountability to problem resolution and end user support
- Experience in payroll tax payments and filings is a plus
- Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Strong vendor relationship building skills
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems while maintaining confidentiality utilizing available resources
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team setting
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.