IFRS Technical Accounting and Reporting Manager
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a highly motivated International Technical and Reporting Manager to support the overall accounting function and provide hands-on support over international technical accounting and reporting, and Circle’s global accounting policies and procedures. This is a new position at Circle and presents an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys building out processes, learning and participating in a new rapidly growing global business. This role includes researching technical accounting matters and drafting related position papers, preparation and review of financial statements, standardization of policy and procedures, special projects, interaction with external auditors and potentially regulators and requires advanced research and analytical skills with a proven track record to drive accountability and deliver results.
What you'll work on:
- Performing analysis and technical accounting research (IFRS and international accounting standards) related to revenue recognition, strategic partnerships, digital asset purchases and sales, borrowing and lending transactions, valuations, and other non-routine transactions that may arise.
- Maintaining accounting policies and procedures and partnering with stakeholders to operationalize accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensuring appropriate documentation of accounting treatment of complex and judgemental transactions, including analysis, relevant literature, and conclusion.
- Assisting in the preparation and review of statutory financial statements under IFRS and other international accounting standards.
- Analyzing the impact of emerging IFRS and other international accounting standards on the Company and assessing broader implications for the business.
- Implementing and educating global accounting teams of necessary changes to adopt and comply with new standards and ensure proper disclosure in filings.
- Evaluating and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Company’s accounting policies and processes, including ensuring compliance with US GAAP/SEC and other international accounting standards.
- Serving as liaison for technical accounting matters with internal stakeholders and external advisors and auditors.
- Assisting with special projects, including regulatory and other ad hoc assignments.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and Certified Public Accountant or International equivalent.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, including public accounting and industry specific experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS/international and US GAAP accounting standards.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and adapt to change are extremely important.
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal controls over financial reporting or similar control framework.
- Demonstrated professional commitment, initiative, accountability and ownership of assignments.
- Ability to effectively facilitate and present in group meetings.
- Experience working in regulated business, financial services or technology industries are a plus.
- Experience/familiarity with Workiva or other reporting software, Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.