Global Stock Plan Manager
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an experienced global stock plan manager with both public and private company experience. This role will be responsible for the administration and management of Circle’s global stock plans, including stock plan system administration, external vendor processes and relationships, partnering with Circle’s Legal, Accounting, Tax, and Finance teams. This individual will also be responsible for ensuring Circle’s employees are informed and understand our equity programs.
What you'll work on:
- Owning the administration of the Company’s stock plan, including but not limited to plan documentation, stock agreements, global expansion, taxation, and reporting.
- Preparing the Company’s equity plans for a public listing.
- Supporting SOX controls/testing and global audit/compliance requests.
- Educating employees on the equity programs by developing, enhancing communication materials in support of each managed program.
- Benchmarking Circle’s current plan offerings to ensure market competitiveness and alignment with our Total Rewards philosophy, while leading changes as appropriate.
- Owning the administration of the Company’s stock plan system, including but not limited to facilitating option exercises, award grant administration, creation and delivery of grant agreements, system maintenance, and strong auditing and data control procedures.
- Coordinating and communicating to Accounting impacts to stock based compensation expense.
- Forecasting, monitoring, and adhering to efficient use of the company’s share pool usage.
- Partnering closely with global payroll to ensure proper withholding and reporting of payroll eligible events.
- Teaming up with the Total Rewards, FP&A, Payroll, and Talent teams during the annual and semi-annual compensation events to deliver operational excellence to employees.
- Creating and maintaining documented processes and procedures to support Circle’s policy framework.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years of global stock plan administration experience, from both public and private companies.
- Bonus points if any experience with Irish incorporated companies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to effectively reason through ambiguity.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to stay organized.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong work ethic with aspirations to advance career.
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing needs.
- Mature ability to keep information confidential.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field. CEP or other designation preferred.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to Seattle, WA. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $140,000 - $185,000
Annual Bonus Target: 15%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.