Director, Data Insights
Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States and United Kingdom. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and London.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
Chief is seeking an experienced Director of Data Insights. In this role, you will act as a player-coach, both overseeing a team of remote data engineers and analysts and working closely with our leadership team to leverage data in strategic decision-making. Your work will cover the full data stack from ingest to insights. You will ensure the health of our data environment in concert with the Software Engineering team, support the democratization of data by supporting analysts to build the right dashboards, define key metrics, and perform experiments with business stakeholders, and work closely with leadership to derive and explain insights from our data.
Given the centrality of data in our decision-making process, this role reports directly to our CEO.
Given how closely this role will work with our executive leadership and member experience team, we are looking for candidates in the New York City Metro area.
What you’ll do:
- Work with leaders throughout the company to determine the best way to measure the effectiveness of new and ongoing products and services.
- Create ways to understand the drivers of member engagement and retention.
- Build models to interpret and predict member behavior.
- Work with our data engineers to build and maintain data pipelines, both from internal and external sources.
- Work with our data analysts to maintain the health and accuracy of dashboards and self-service reporting used by stakeholders across the company.
- Manage the data tools budget.
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- Deep experience leading customer insights work at a scaled consumer, edtech, or membership-driven company.
- Ability to explain complex data analysis to stakeholders, including the Board of Directors
- Past experience determining metrics to track the health of initiatives and the business overall.
- Experience with our toolset, including Fivetran, Segment, dbt, Redshift, Posit Workbench, Metabase, or related tools.
- Scrappiness and the ability to thrive on autonomy
- Excellent collaborator who can work effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends available
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $235,000.
Chief participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.