Account Executive, Chicago
Chief is on a mission to change the face of leadership. Launched in 2019, Chief provides senior executive women with a vetted community of peers, a trusted support system, and business critical insights to strengthen their leadership and magnify their influence. We have been named one of Fast Company's “Most Innovative Companies” — and you can read more about us in Inc. and Forbes.
Chief is a fast-growing, Series B stage start-up backed by CapitalG, General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures and other top-tier investors who believe in our vision to drive more women to the top and keep them there. We have members across the United States with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago, SF, and London.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are in our DNA, guiding everything we do and how we work. Knowing that our people are the most important driver of our success, we focus on building teams where the power of diverse voices, identities, perspectives, and experiences is celebrated.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
The Membership Manager is a key individual contributor in Chief’s sales division and will be responsible for sales efforts for our membership across the country, and will be based in clubhouse city to support on the ground sales efforts in the clubhouse (Chicago or San Francisco). The ideal candidate will be exceptionally organized with a proven track record in sales. At large, the Manager will be responsible for 1) achieving monthly goals for new memberships sold 2) driving strategic improvements to the sales funnel.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting potential new member (“PNM”) interviews with senior executives
- Must be available to be on-site multiple days per week to host potential member tours in one of the following locations: Chicago or San Francisco.
- Hosting Open House & Evening with Chief events at the clubhouse for potential new members
- Nurturing prospects through the sales process
- Managing a large pipeline
- Sourcing qualified outbound leads
- Planning and executing retargeting campaigns
What you've done and enjoy doing:
- Experience in sales or a customer or client facing role & interest in relationship based sales
- History of achieving quotas and confidence to perform and achieve commission incentives
- Ability to communicate, present, and influence, in both verbal and written capacities
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage a large pipeline
- Exceptional time management and practices
- Proactive self-starter comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for the company’s mission, positioning and brand
- Experience with Salesforce, Salesloft, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator or equivalent software is a plus
Why You’ll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends
- Headquartered in NYC
The base salary for this role is: $90,000.